The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coogan's Bluff 6/10
Canny ridiculous but enjoyable tosh. All the "cowboy in the big city" stuff is fun. And Clint is just so f***ing handsome imo. Nee wonder all the lasses in this film try and shagt him. Nice motorcycle chase at the end. Bit daft though. Why are prisoners allowed to take lsd in jail in the 60s?

Withnail and I - gave it another go after watching Richard E Grant doing snippets of the script on Twitter. I didn't like it back then and it soon became obvious I still don't like it now. 3/10
Datsche
-
some German/American film on Amazon about a refugee hiding in a dascha in East Berlin. It was proper fluff, but an easy watch to kill a few hours. 5/10
What we do in the Shadows
-
download I got had all the text in German so I missed out on some of the significance of the written parts and the discussion between Viago and his old servant. Not as good as the TV show for me. 7/10
Hara-Kiri
-
Japanese remake by Takashi Miike. A samurai goes to a clan under the pretence of a suicide bluff but all is not as it seems. Quite toned down for Miike and a bit trite in parts, but nevertheless a decent watch. 8/10

Last edited by a moderator:
Saturday night - The Hitmans Bodyguard (6/10), was decent enough thanks to Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L Jackson some good funny bits from both

Sunday night - The Wolf of Wall Street (9/10), knew I'd finally get round to watching it past the first 10mins eventually pleased I did fantastic film

Dolomite is my name - Bit slow in parts, however enjoyable. Based on a true story (6/10)
Boys will be boys - Will Hay (Classic 9/10)

Oh Mr Porter - Will Hay "Sorry, the next trains gone" (9/10)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jojo rabbit

okayish. Some scene s a bit the same and repetitive and became tedious. However Enjoyed last 30 minutes and loved the David Bowie ending.
6.5/10

Reactions: PTR
Rocket Man - 7.5/10
Worth a watch
Yeah, saw that at the weekend. It ends very strangely though - like only half a life story.
Mind, I just didn't realise how big he was for quite a while.

Also, after watching that not long after Bohemian Rhapsody, I can say without any fear, Queen's music was better.

A Good Woman is Hard to find.
Crackin little filum this, set in Northern Ireland. A wad gets involved with a drug dealer and hell breaks loose. Nowt to do with Fergal Sharkey thank fuck.
Gets a 8/10 from Bernie.

A Streetcar Named Desire 9/10

Brando is just too fckin handsome! :evil:
Vivien Leigh is killing me, breaking my heart :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back