The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

LODGE 8/10

Psychological thriller. Its a slow burner but well worth watching if you like psychological thrillers. Loads of spoilers in the trailer, glad I watched the trailer after the film. I didn't think it was scary but the story is.

Logon or register to see this image

I finally got round to watching Once upon a time in Hollywood last night (just cos it's on sky)
Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Chaos

Another Jason Statham film that is poor. Gaping plot holes and action sequences that would have been embarrassing in the 1980s. Straight to DVD... should have been straight in the bin, a total waste of budget and a total waste of my time.

2/10

Chaos

Another Jason Statham film that is poor. Gaping plot holes and action sequences that would have been embarrassing in the 1980s. Straight to DVD... should have been straight in the bin, a total waste of budget and a total waste of my time.

2/10

Cheers. I’ll get that on tonight.

I finally got round to watching 71. About a rookie soldier getting posted to Northern Ireland and getting lost. Really enjoyed it 8/10.

My lock down viewing so far...

Stan and ollie 6/10 - easy viewing
Invisible man 7.5/10 - really enjoyed it and kne shocking moment
Lost Girls - 4/10 pretty poor
Gran Torino- 7/10 clint being clint
Texas killing fields 6.5/10 got a bit silly
Sicario - enjoyed it a bit more 2nd.time round when i could keep up with plot a bit more
IT 2 - 3/10 absolute tosh
The firm (Cruise, not Oldman) - 7.5/10 cracking story, typical Grisham
The Sting - 8/10 loved it, great fun fillum
Layer Cake - 8/10 been meaning to watch this for years. Thought it was superb.
Glass 7/10 - really good end to trilogy, although a bit silly in parts
Se7en - 8.5/10 just about the best end to a film
The departed - 7.5/10. And probably a 9/10 if you can ignore the plot holes. And the ending.
Catch me if you can 7.5/10 - charming and quite exciting. Book is excellent too.
Yesterday - 7/10 - great premise, well executed and one scene that has me welling up every time.

Sea Fever.
Irish horror filum about a trawler who get's into bother. Was pretty decent until the last 15 minutes when it just seemed rushed and a bit daft. Still enjoyed it, 6/10.

Extraction on Netflix.

Canny action which mostly passed the time. One really good fight scene in the middle. Otherwise a bit of a rip off the John Wick fights, and that Russell Crowe hostage film with Meg Ryan. Except he didn't get romantically involved with his co-star because that would be a COMPLETELY different film

6.5 out of 10

My lock down viewing so far...

Stan and ollie 6/10 - easy viewing
Invisible man 7.5/10 - really enjoyed it and kne shocking moment
Lost Girls - 4/10 pretty poor
Gran Torino- 7/10 clint being clint
Texas killing fields 6.5/10 got a bit silly
Sicario - enjoyed it a bit more 2nd.time round when i could keep up with plot a bit more
IT 2 - 3/10 absolute tosh
The firm (Cruise, not Oldman) - 7.5/10 cracking story, typical Grisham
The Sting - 8/10 loved it, great fun fillum
Layer Cake - 8/10 been meaning to watch this for years. Thought it was superb.
Glass 7/10 - really good end to trilogy, although a bit silly in parts
Se7en - 8.5/10 just about the best end to a film
The departed - 7.5/10. And probably a 9/10 if you can ignore the plot holes. And the ending.
Catch me if you can 7.5/10 - charming and quite exciting. Book is excellent too.
Yesterday - 7/10 - great premise, well executed and one scene that has me welling up every time.
Some good films on that list marra.
12 Angry Men
Godfather 1 and 2
Rush
Dangerous Lies

looking to watch once upon a time in Hollywood and Ford v Ferrari at some point.

Last edited:
Greed...car crash of a movie really, couple of laugh out loud moments but thats it, everyone should watch it though just to understand the kind of arseholes it's based on....I wonder what Philip Green and Mike Ashley think of it! 6.5/10

Tried to watch Kung Pow again the other night but as I've seen it about 20 odd times I couldn't stand to watch it again. It really is the only film ever made that made me almost wet myself laughing. The Aliens and the mad cow were great. hmmm
Apart from Laurel & Hardy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched Once upon a time in Hollywood last night. Was quite disappointed with it seeing as I was really looking forward to watching it.

Watched Yesterday too. Enjoyed it at the pictures but a bit ‘meh’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back