The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escape from Pretoria, 6.5. Bit slow.

Harry Potter has grown up but his magic tricks get him locked up in a South African prison. He continues his magic by pulling stuff out his arse, as well as other tricks to help him escape.
Got to give Daniel Radcliffe a lot of credit, I always thought he'd be recast as Harry Potter for ever
He's appeared as some cracking characters post Harry

Ma Rainey's Black Bottom

Seems it's a love it or hate it film. I loved it but I'm a bit of a nut for early blues and jazz and all the stories.
My only complaint is, not enough music even though it's mainly set in two rooms in a 1920's Chicago recording studio (which makes it more of a play really).

The Incredible Shrinking Man was on the Horror Channel this afternoon.
I hadn't seen it for over 40 years. Classic, and that spider chasing him round the basement at the end is still scary.

Logon or register to see this image

Recording the next podcast episode this week, talking about Hell or High Water, Dark City (and how it influenced the Matrix), John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness, how Hollywood tried and failed to do a film version of Neil Gaiman's Sandman, Remake Hatewatch of the new RoboCop film and whether TV is better than films these days. If you want to have your say on any of those topics just drop me a line :cool:

Bone tomahawk is fantastic like, recently rewatched it. The bit in the cave with the tomahawk :eek: great mix of western and horror
Suffered that last night, jesus wept! :lol: canny film like, remember to not watch during your tea.

Ooooo that reminds me, not watched After Hours for a while.
Watched it! 8/10.
Felt the same as when I first watched it 35 years ago....became really agitated that he keeps putting off getting his keys back! :lol:
the idea of being out at night with no keys no cash and no phone terrifies me.
that said it's pretty great - especially Terri Garr and Catherine O'Hara. Not quite as good as King Of Comedy though which I think is Scorcese's best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back