The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched a film called US on Netflix. I sussed it after ten mins but it was a decent mindless piece of tosh for a Saturday night. 7/10

a putter was of great use

Watched the first half of the coming to america sequel, absolute tripe.
Watched Escape from Pretoria, canny film.

Watched a film called US on Netflix. I sussed it after ten mins but it was a decent mindless piece of tosh for a Saturday night. 7/10

a putter was of great use

I remember in the last job I was in when the trailer had just came out and people were saying about this new film that looks great.

They put it on and I was laughing at parts and wondered why no one else was. Then they said it was meant to be scary and I was sat there open mouthed as it looked ridiculous.

I remember in the last job I was in when the trailer had just came out and people were saying about this new film that looks great.

They put it on and I was laughing at parts and wondered why no one else was. Then they said it was meant to be scary and I was sat there open mouthed as it looked ridiculous.
Exactly how I watched this one called US. It passed an hour and a half, the mrs was into it, but I sussed it early what would happen

Escape from Pretoria, 6.5. Bit slow.

Harry Potter has grown up but his magic tricks get him locked up in a South African prison. He continues his magic by pulling stuff out his arse, as well as other tricks to help him escape.
Its a true story apparently.

Something Wild 1986
Been meaning to rewatch this for decades! Really stands up - one of the best road movies ever and one of the best 80s films. Jeff Daniels and Melanie Griffith are superb. 9/10.
Ooooo that reminds me, not watched After Hours for a while.

Watched The Best of Enemies on Netflix last night, thought it was excellent. Always found Sam Rockwell to be an excellent actor so expected good things and I wasn't disappointed. 9/10

Other recent watches:

The Outpost - Set during the War in Afghanistan on a US FOB. Very good, decent feel for how hopelessly out of touch the higher-ups were with things on the ground. 8/10
Monster Hunter - Milla Jovovich, wasn't aware it was based on a video game before I watched it, complete and utter garbage. Box office bomb if cinemas were open. 1/10.

Reactions: mux
Watched The Best of Enemies on Netflix last night, thought it was excellent. Always found Sam Rockwell to be an excellent actor so expected good things and I wasn't disappointed. 9/10

Other recent watches:

The Outpost - Set during the War in Afghanistan on a US FOB. Very good, decent feel for how hopelessly out of touch the higher-ups were with things on the ground. 8/10
Monster Hunter - Milla Jovovich, wasn't aware it was based on a video game before I watched it, complete and utter garbage. Box office bomb if cinemas were open. 1/10.
The Outpost was written by CNN's Jake Tapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back