The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve only ever watched the original Star Wars so have decided to watch them all during the lock down

Star Wars Phantom Menace

5.5/10

How can something made 20 years after the original look worse? Wanted to punch that Jarjar Binks twat

The Platform
2/10

Netflix continue their run of poor fillums with this absolute nonsense. A bloke enters some kind of prison, or game, where he lives on a level with another prisoner, or contestant, and a platform comes down once a day with food on
No, I don’t have a f***ing clue neither

Vivarium 8/10

Don't miss this one its like a Black Mirror Feature length episode and its excellent quality.

Probably best to go in without knowing anything about the movie but here is the trailer if you must. Its a science fiction/horror not a scary horror though.

The Hate U Give - 7/10

For the most part it felt a bit like a student idealist attempt at a film about racism and police brutality, but that was possibly because of the view point they were telling it from. A thought provoking film and the main lass did a canny job. More for younger people still forming their views on the world and uneducated to an experience outside of their own.

Rear Window - 9/10

Perfect viewing at this particular time and such a clever film.
First Hitchcock film i've actually seen all the way through and worth it just for Grace Kelly.
Available on sky cinema if you have it.

Decided to make my way through their 5 star recommendations that i've never seen, Chinatown up next.

Zodiac - 7.5/10

Second time I've seen it, good film but a few bits that drag on too long although probably not the best film to watch when half cut as there is a lot of dialogue

Gyllenhaal top class as you would expect

Rear Window - 9/10

Perfect viewing at this particular time and such a clever film.
First Hitchcock film i've actually seen all the way through and worth it just for Grace Kelly.
Available on sky cinema if you have it.

Decided to make my way through their 5 star recommendations that i've never seen, Chinatown up next.
Fantastic
Check out To Catch A Thief for more of Grace being totally lush

Watched the Hateful Eight last night

great fun
The revenant

9/10 and this is my third watch.

Pure class from Leo like.
Scenery and cinematography is stunning
Score is perfect
Gritty as fuck
Cracking performance from ginger Dom as the captain

Agree with all of the above apart from Leo's crawling whilst injured, very poor acting

Last edited:
Summer of 84

Really enjoyed this. Group of teenage friends suspect their neighbour of being a serial killer. Stranger things esque murder mystery. A lot better than it sounds.

9/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back