The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gentlemen 7.5/10.

Typical Guy Ritchie gangster romp that throws a lot of ideas into the mix and just about carries it off. I'm not sure how much mileage is left in terms of his signature style however in the same vein.

i've still got that to watch. i made the mistake of watching The Man from U.N.C.L.E and i'm a bit put off cos it was shite

Irresistible 7/10

Jon Stewart (daily show) written and directed political comedy starring Steve cartel and rose byrne.

Some very funny parts and shines a light on the ridiculous nature of financial donations in US politics.

Enjoyable watch

The Stone Roses: Made of Stone
6/10

The telling of TSR and getting back together for their reunion gig in 2013. Canny when showing them rehearsing, but should have had more footage from the actual gig itself

The Perfect Storm
5.5/10

CGI filled, based- on- a- true- story rehash of some poor fisherman who encountered a meteorological phenomenon
Graphically amazing, but in truth I was pointing out all the fuck ups they made

Tropic thunder, class film about fellas acting in a film that get sent to a live location that isn't part of the film and have to deal with the locals. Fabulous performances from Stiller, Downey jnr, Black and Cruise. Probably will get pulled due to PC bullshit but I don't give a fuck, I love it - a firm 7.5/10....maybe up to an 8 for Downey jnr alone 😎👍

Tropic thunder, class film about fellas acting in a film that get sent to a live location that isn't part of the film and have to deal with the locals. Fabulous performances from Stiller, Downey jnr, Black and Cruise. Probably will get pulled due to PC bullshit but I don't give a fuck, I love it - a firm 7.5/10....maybe up to an 8 for Downey jnr alone 😎👍
The cruise cameo is genius.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back