The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Vast of Night.
Was really looking forward to this but it just wasn't as good as the reviews make out. Like a 1950's Close Encounters but with a really annoying lass in it.
5/10

Restless Natives 7/10
Class. Two spoddy young lads from Edinburgh start robbing tourist buses with a toy gun and masks. Excellent 80s film.

Been forced to watch movies with my daughter lately so seen some right chod!

Letters to Juliet (2010)..the lass in it Emma Seyfried dumps her idiot fiance for an even bigger idiot. Spent most of it wondering how 'spritely' Vanessa Redgrave looked for a 73 year old.....3/10

Venom (1981)...I knew i shouldn't have watched it, scared the crap out of me back when it first came out early 80's but is just laughable now, another memory ruined. Gave it an extra point for the look on Oliver Reed's face as Susan George stripped off in front of him telling him what she was going to do to him for the next few days... 2/10

Falling Inn Love (2019) typical Nextflix fluff, american girl wins a competition for a rundown Inn (or B&B) in New Zealand, goes across and has an adventure doing it up. Ends up screwing the plumber and staying over there. Couple of decent moments and and as always set in New Zealand the scenery is stunning...5/10

Got Dark Waters to watch in a bit, hope its better than the last few ive watched!

Bad Samaritan (2018)

Thriller with David Tennant, some small time thief finds a girl chained up in a house.

Enjoyed it 7/10

The Wretched
Horror Film about some strange thing from the woods 6/10

Been forced to watch movies with my daughter lately so seen some right chod!

Letters to Juliet (2010)..the lass in it Emma Seyfried dumps her idiot fiance for an even bigger idiot. Spent most of it wondering how 'spritely' Vanessa Redgrave looked for a 73 year old.....3/10

Venom (1981)...I knew i shouldn't have watched it, scared the crap out of me back when it first came out early 80's but is just laughable now, another memory ruined. Gave it an extra point for the look on Oliver Reed's face as Susan George stripped off in front of him telling him what she was going to do to him for the next few days... 2/10

Falling Inn Love (2019) typical Nextflix fluff, american girl wins a competition for a rundown Inn (or B&B) in New Zealand, goes across and has an adventure doing it up. Ends up screwing the plumber and staying over there. Couple of decent moments and and as always set in New Zealand the scenery is stunning...5/10

Got Dark Waters to watch in a bit, hope its better than the last few ive watched!
Dark Waters is excellent. The little information bit that comes up at the end is mind-blowing. Or was for me!

I watched The Dead Don't Die yesterday. Weird film. Bit silly with some good satire of the zombie genre. Watchable.

Dark Waters is excellent. The little information bit that comes up at the end is mind-blowing. Or was for me!

I watched The Dead Don't Die yesterday. Weird film. Bit silly with some good satire of the zombie genre. Watchable.

Dark Waters is a very good movie, tells an important story without getting all hysterical. Felt like four hours not two though and i struggled to stick with it at times, you really feel the frustrations of everyone involved, i agree about the info at the end...shocking, makes you wonder if anything will ever really get done about it with so much money involved 8/10

I saw The Dead Dont Die the other week as well, really enjoyed that as well.

Becky
4/10

White suprematist prisoners escape, and take a family hostage- not knowing their teenage daughter is on the verge of a homicidal explosion
Shite

Parasite....

7.0/10. Good story, some scenes a bit tedious with ott acting imho.

Not even close to the best Korean film I’ve seen but canny.

Human Capital

Has the bloke who plays Ray Donovan in. Bloke gets knocked his bike at the start and then the film shows what happened.

Was alright 6.5/10

Trial By Fire

True story about a bloke sentenced to death for setting fire to his house killing his bairns. Film shows the efforts to prove his innocence

Was canny good 7.5/10

Replicas - 7/10
Keanu Reeves decides to bring back his family, cloning them - have to wonder how good a film is if even Nick Cage turns down the main part, but actually wasn‘t too bad.

Tomboy - 6/10
Ok, so this one was a bit odd, Michelle Rodriguez starts off the film as a male hitman (and you can tell it’s a woman with a dodgy looking beard), who falls foul of a doctor (Sigourney Weaver) who performs a gender reversal operation on him/her.

Queen and Slim 9/10.

An on the run / fugitive film about a young couple who flee following an alteration with a cop. Superb script, cinematography, acting and score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back