The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Underwater.

Seen worse, but also seen this done better previously. The suits were class though.

5/10

Pulp Fiction, again. Amazingly noticed some new thing's and i've seen it about 20 times, 4 times at the pics when it first came out.
-

The Infiltrator 7/10

Walter White spin off - true story with actual case evidence posted in the end credits.

Pablo Escobar ran a drug cartel and it changed the world. Bryan Cranston works as an undercover cop to take down drug cartels, Diane Kruger also stars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got round to watching Eastern Promises after years during the week would give it a solid 7.5/10

Just caught up on another film tonight The Visit which wasnt as good but still worth a watch - 6.5/10

Chaos

Another Jason Statham film that is poor. Gaping plot holes and action sequences that would have been embarrassing in the 1980s. Straight to DVD... should have been straight in the bin, a total waste of budget and a total waste of my time.

2/10
But apart from that, it wasn’t too bad? 😂

Beastie Boys Story
8.5/10

Very enjoyable trip down memory lane, illustrating the back story of BBs and how they came out of the punk/ hardcore scene
Quite poignant too, heaping lots of praise on Adam Yauch, who died in 2012

Dr Sleep. Follow up to The Shining. Thought it was daft but not really into supernatural stuff. The missus enjoyed it though. Read later that the plot differs to King's book (which sounded better actually). Apparently changed to work better with both the originals book and movie (which King hated as it focused on the decent into alcoholism rather than the powers of the kid). 6/10

Watched the Good Liar last night, OK but not as good as the book
McKellan & Mirren gave excellent performances, Jim Carter was Jim Carter
Really enjoyed that. Saw the twist very early on but it was still fun watching it unfold.

The Conversation 1974 - Gene Hackman and a young Harrison Ford 8/10

find myself seeking out these older films and enjoying them far more than modern ones, annoyed I didn't see the twist

13 hours; excellent war scenes in slow burn film. Typical Michael Bay.

The Conversation 1974 - Gene Hackman and a young Harrison Ford 8/10

find myself seeking out these older films and enjoying them far more than modern ones, annoyed I didn't see the twist
Superb film, I have around 300 film noir and thrillers dated from around 1945 to 1980.

Monuments Men 6.5/10

The nazi's stole works of art during ww2 and an ensemble of dads army (all star including George Clooney, John Goodman, Matt Damon, Bill Murray) are tasked with stealing it back.
True story. The film is very well made with a few lol moments and the sets of war torn France are superb.

Watching a 1951 film with Humphrey Bogart I've not seen before called The Enforcer from Talking Pictures channel. Interesting crime/noir with some class dialogue 'Is that fat hooligan called Big Babe?' 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back