The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

I watched the Nicolas Cage film. It was actually surprisingly good. I would really recommend it.

By far the best film I've seen him in for about 20 years. Very funny at times and some excellent nods to previous films of his.
If you want a good Nicolas Cage film I'd recommend 8mm. Went to the cinema to see this in 1999 and watched it again for the first time a few years ago. It's a solid mystery/thriller about a snuff movie.

X. Set in the 70's, a group of aspiring sexy movie cast and crew members head off to the back and beyond of the deep south to shoot said sexy movie. Rent a shack from an old couple who stumble across what's going on when the cameras start rolling. Extreme violence ensues with a few lols along the way. Was canny. 7/10.

Operation Fortune looks good and on the to watch list along with a Dangerous man, action all the way tbf.

Are there any decent films in the cinema at the moment?

I must admit since Kermode and Mayo stopped their podcast on the BBC I haven't a clue - I need them to come back soon! :lol:

Reactions: mux
Recent watches:

The Lost City 3/10
The Northman 5/10
On the count of three 6/10

I must admit since Kermode and Mayo stopped their podcast on the BBC I haven't a clue - I need them to come back soon! :lol:
Everything everywhere all at once is great and just out at the pics

Last edited:

They're 3 episodes into their new podcast:

They’re back. Though seems they’re charging. There’s a new YouTube channel too.
They're 3 episodes into their new podcast:
I really should read the rest of the thread before replying 🤦🏻‍♂️

Snake 3 . This popped up in another video of films to watch 2022 including the new batman etc, they must have sneaked it in. 2/10 absolute rubbish, its like a crap Rampage cross between Jurassic park Godzilla rip off, even the dinosaurs are called indominous rex 🤣. I like monster movies but this just takes the piss. Luckily I watched it at work

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back