The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
😆 have you seen the movie? If not please do.
Reet, you made me watch it. Enjoyable enough quick film for a midweek night

But.... The volume of concrete they were all getting excited about was about 150m3, taken more home in my turn ups. We do 1000m3 every day in the north east. My record is 10,500,m3 in a single pour.

The strength had to be C6... just about the weakest concrete available, should be a C50 or 60 for a tower, I'm not going in his building !

No idea why they didn't actually speak to a builder at any point

Reet, you made me watch it. Enjoyable enough quick film for a midweek night

But.... The volume of concrete they were all getting excited about was about 150m3, taken more home in my turn ups. We do 1000m3 every day in the north east. My record is 10,500,m3 in a single pour.

The strength had to be C6... just about the weakest concrete available, should be a C50 or 60 for a tower, I'm not going in his building !

No idea why they didn't actually speak to a builder at any point
Boring bastard! 😉

Its like when I go on a family trip to London n give them a tour of my projects. 😂

Watched "this is 40" last night, Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann play a couple stuck in a rut and potentially sleepwalking towards divorce.
It was quite funny in places, touching in others and was a watchable yarn that I'd give 6.5 or 7/10 at a push.

Have you seen ‘Knocked Up’? It’s the follow up/spin off of that.

The Night of the Hunter.
An owld one with Robert Mitcham and the big lass from the Towering Inferno (the one married to the granda from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory).
Starts off pretty decent but goes a bit Mary Poppins at the end. 6/10.

Took my daughter to see it this evening. Absolutely loved it. I saw the original at the cinema in 1984 when I was nine and it took me right back to then. I thought the ending was very emotional actually.

I really loved it, the first 80 mins or so felt a bit Ghostbusters does Stranger Things (granted the laddy from Stranger Things is in it...) but the end was outstanding. Some popcorn dust must have blown in my eye...:lol: I thought it was a great touch. The Ecto 1 siren and the sound of the proton pack always gets me going too, total nostalgia trip.

Suicide Squad - the second one with a new cast and characters, thankfully Margot Robbie is retained, and also thankfully Will Smith is binned off.

Not great but not terrible either, a huge improvement on the first one though 6.95/10

A little better than the first but both films were very disappointing to me
Aye both should/could have been much better, I did like the false start thing, then thought it tailed off but picked up a bit at the end. Compared to mess of the first one it was a masterpiece, well maybe not a masterpiece but you know what I mean. 7/10 is a decent solid mark and I felt it fell a little short of that. :lol:

Mind I just watched Venom 2 earlier in the week, so anything would seem half decent compared to that.

Ghostbusters Afterlife
Imagine a one off Stranger Things / Ghostbusters crossover and chances are you've pretty much imagined Ghostbusters Afterlife.
It's enjoyable enough but still not the Ghostbusters sequel I'd been waiting for (which we'll sadly never get now) and despite some strong reviews I'd advise reining in those expectations a bit.
7/10.

Ghostbusters Afterlife
Imagine a one off Stranger Things / Ghostbusters crossover and chances are you've pretty much imagined Ghostbusters Afterlife.
It's enjoyable enough but still not the Ghostbusters sequel I'd been waiting for (which we'll sadly never get now) and despite some strong reviews I'd advise reining in those expectations a bit.
7/10.
Hopefully will be a sequel with the older guys in as if you wait for credits to finish two characters appear and makes me think they will be another

Yeah, then there's another sequence at the very VERY end, which practically guarantees it (box office permitting).

Guttered I left today after the Murray and Weaver part.

I have to admit I absolutely loved Afterlife it was perfect in the way it took you back with loads of smart references and nods to the 1st one and the new characters added loads to a decent storyline too. The ending was proper emotional and I left thinking it was done really really well. Hopefully there will be another one.

For some reason I decided to watch all of the Fast & Furious movies, having only ever seen the first 2 when the came out 20 years ago. F**k me they were abysmal.
I couldn't believe how s**t the scripts, acting and direction were. I kept watching them all just to see if they would get any better but they just became more and more laughable.
I'm not being a snob about action movies - I love a good one - these were/are pathetically bad.
How the f**k have they grossed $6.5 billion.

The Fast and the Furious 4/10
2 Fast 2 Furious 2/10
Tokyo Drift 2/10
Fast & Furious 3/10
Fast Five 3/10
Fast & Furious 6 2/10
Furious 7 3/10
The Fate of the Furious 4/10
Hobbs & Shaw 5/10
F9 1/10

For some reason I decided to watch all of the Fast & Furious movies, having only ever seen the first 2 when the came out 20 years ago. F**k me they were abysmal.
I couldn't believe how s**t the scripts, acting and direction were. I kept watching them all just to see if they would get any better but they just became more and more laughable.
I'm not being a snob about action movies - I love a good one - these were/are pathetically bad.
How the f**k have they grossed $6.5 billion.

The Fast and the Furious 4/10
2 Fast 2 Furious 2/10
Tokyo Drift 2/10
Fast & Furious 3/10
Fast Five 3/10
Fast & Furious 6 2/10
Furious 7 3/10
The Fate of the Furious 4/10
Hobbs & Shaw 5/10
F9 1/10
I've not seen a single one of these, they've just never appealed to me.
Looking through your reviews it seems I've made the choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back