The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red notice. Netflix.

2/10. dont.

how the feck do they get paid for this shit.
They aren’t Anthony Hopkins but I rarely don’t enjoy a film that has Reynolds, Johnson or Gadot in but somehow they managed to make a load of tripe. It was like one of those spoof films made on the cheap mocking another (slightly better) film.

Red notice. Netflix.

2/10. dont.

how the feck do they get paid for this shit.
I gave it 4/10 - 2 of those were for Gal Gadot 😍. Absolute guff. The sad thing is, the way this ended, they'll probably get a couple of sequels out of it.
I must be one of the few people who can't stand Johnson in anything. He's supposed to be the 21st C Arnie but his acting and charisma don't come close.
Reynold's smart-ass schtick is wearing very thin for me as well.

Last edited:
Watched "this is 40" last night, Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann play a couple stuck in a rut and potentially sleepwalking towards divorce.
It was quite funny in places, touching in others and was a watchable yarn that I'd give 6.5 or 7/10 at a push.

The Devils Double.

It was ok. Problem is it’s such a brutal story (Saddam Husains, nonce, rapist, murderer son) that most of his deeds wouldnt have got past censorship. If you just wanted the lite version of events I’d recommend it. Dominic Cooper was good in it but reminded me of Louis Suarez. 6/10
Just starting it now. I'm blaming you if it's shite mind!
Edit: stressful watch that! Interesting concept though and still trying to get to grips with Tom Hardy with a Welsh accent!

Good film though. Cheers for the recommendation.
Just watched this. I hated it. Nothing to do with the concept I just found ‘the pour’ boring and I disliked Ivan a lot. The ending was dull as well. 2/10.

Last edited:
Old Henry (2021)
A wonderfully acted film with good pacing and tight editing. Tim Blake Nelson excels with a strong supporting cast. Marvellous twist is a great surprise even with a too revealing trailer. I wish more westerns of this quality were made.
8/10

Old Henry (2021)
A wonderfully acted film with good pacing and tight editing. Tim Blake Nelson excels with a strong supporting cast. Marvellous twist is a great surprise even with a too revealing trailer. I wish more westerns of this quality were made.
8/10

Yep it's great.
If you like that sort of western try Hostiles if you haven't already.

Old Henry (2021)
8/10
Great film and I loved the surprise twist
Yep it's great.
If you like that sort of western try Hostiles if you haven't already.
Good film too

Sabata. Quite good if you like Spaghetti westerns...Lee Van Cleef pretty much playing Colonel Mortimer from For a few dollars more.....7/10.

The little things.

Denzel Washington, Rami Malek and Jared Leto in serail killer film. Bit of a rip off of Seven, but without the blood and rain. Not as good as it could have been given the previous history of Speilberg, Eastwood, De Vito and Beatty who could have been involved years ago. Still not bad though as all three actors hold their own. 7/10.

Last edited:
The Father (2020)

Absolutely heart wrenching movie about Alzheimers /dementia. I have a grandad with the same illness and to see what it's like from his perspective is traumatic. Weeped like a bairn throughout. 9.5 / 10

113 left to go in the imdb top 250

The Corpse of Anna Fritz (2015)

Spanish thriller about the goings on in a hospital mortuary when the body of a world famous actress arrives late one night.

Shocking and sickening subject matter although quite topical given recent news stories. 8/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back