The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too, I thought it was shite. It was rushed, some of the acting was atrocious and it was so clichéd. There's any amount of gangster films that are far superior.

Spot on..rushed is a good description of it..for what it was supposed to be about..Tony Sopranos upbringing and ending up involved in organised crime..the stuff about his uncle and the Ray Liotta stuff just dragged on and on..poor IMO.

Spot on..rushed is a good description of it..for what it was supposed to be about..Tony Sopranos upbringing and ending up involved in organised crime..the stuff about his uncle and the Ray Liotta stuff just dragged on and on..poor IMO.
Felt like it should have been a tv show over 8 episodes instead of a movie.
6/10

As for bond, terrific way for Craig to bow out 9.5/10, would have been an 10 but needed more Ana De Armas

The latest Candyman. Canny shite. 4/10.

Loved it. One of my fave movies of the year so far

Really well judged mix of scenes that link back to the original (and classic 90s horror in general) with very up to date scenes riffing on black lives matter (Say his Name)

Excellet bloody ending

Loved it. One of my fave movies of the year so far

Really well judged mix of scenes that link back to the original (and classic 90s horror in general) with very up to date scenes riffing on black lives matter (Say his Name)

Excellet bloody ending
Well we all can't enjoy the same things. We thought it was a load of pap with a shite obvious ending. Ah well. :lol:

Monster Hunter - Not sure if it lands it's so bad it's good category or was just crap, anyway it passed an hour an half, Milla still a massive wad, so there is that.

The Guilty on Netflix

Thought it looked like a canny idea for a movie. But wasn’t great, Gyllenhaals character isn’t very likeable at all.

5.5/10
Saw it at cinema then saw it was on Netflix afterwards, Bugger. Thought lead character was unrealistic in his responses when suffering stress and damsel in distress was irritating. Only good character was fat dude who wanted a bevvie
Rocket man

Poor for me like, Elton John biopic

Struggling to motivate myself to write a decent review.
Clunky.

5/10 and that’s arnly because Stephen Graham had a cameo.
Started slow and couldnt get away with Elton John actor. In stark contrast to the queen movie which was class

Last edited:
Me too, I thought it was shite. It was rushed, some of the acting was atrocious and it was so clichéd. There's any amount of gangster films that are far superior.
The appearances of Silvio and Paulie were horrendous. Just felt like complete parodies of the original characters and just confirmed that only Van Zandt and Sirico were able to play those characters well.

Voyagers.
Sky original film - found these very hit and miss.

really enjoyed this one, very interesting premise I thought. 86 year journey to a new planet and crew have been bred for it , then it goes tits up.
Decent sci fi romp.

tye Sheridan
Colin farrell
Depps daughter.
7/10

Reactions: mux
Zombieland 2. Not a patch on the first, script full of banal one liners & the cast sleepwalk their way through it, Emma stone looks bored shitless just having to be in it. 5/10
Munich. Enjoyable enough movie but not as powerful as i thought it was going to be, never sure what was fact and what was fiction but at least it tried to give the story from all sides 7/10
Tremors. Class 9/10
Relic (2020) Aussie ghost story with Emily Mortimer, not so much gore, more traditional haunting tale. last half hour got very tense so got edgy taking the bins down the jitty afterwards. enjoyed it 7/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back