The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
These final hours - Australian end of world film. A catastrophic end of the world event has occurred and its slowly making its way across the planet towards Australia. A bloke decides to spend his final hours getting hammered at a party and the film is all about getting there as the world around him falls into chaos.

Right up my street and enjoyed it 7.4 out of 10. Shudder on Amazon video.

Brawl in cell block 99. Bloke gets into some bother and makes a couple of dodgy decisions putting him in the slammer, with knock on repercussions. Some brutal scenes and enjoyable, albeit slow starting pace. 7.8/10. Amazon video (rental).
Beyond Skyline - Alien type sequel to Skyline. Mindless couple of hours for alien film fans, better than i thought it was going to be. 6.8. Netflix

Skyliner - third in the trilogy, aliens type affair. Not as good as the previous 2 but watchable if you enjoy these types. 6.37/10. Netflix
Caught Brawl in cell block 99 last night.

Is it some kind of joke? I mean it has to be one it the worse movies I've ever seen. How did they manage to get some of them actors to do that?

Even the violent scenes and special effects 🤣 wouldn't have looked out of place in the 80s/early 90s.

It has to have been a bet or a favour for Vince Vaughan to do that.

Going to show my wife The Dark Knight later, not an innuendo, she's just never seen it before. Hates superheroes etc. But she enjoyed Joker so I'm hoping it'll go down well.
I also haven't seen it in years so hoping it holds up. Remember thinking it was class when I saw it years ago. Surprised it's 13 years old mind!

Going to show my wife The Dark Knight later, not an innuendo, she's just never seen it before. Hates superheroes etc. But she enjoyed Joker so I'm hoping it'll go down well.
I also haven't seen it in years so hoping it holds up. Remember thinking it was class when I saw it years ago. Surprised it's 13 years old mind!
Why not the trilogy rather than the best of the 3? Oh aye, pics ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Is it some kind of joke? I mean it has to be one it the worse movies I've ever seen. How did they manage to get some of them actors to do that?

Even the violent scenes and special effects 🤣 wouldn't have looked out of place in the 80s/early 90s.

Great film and cracking soundtrack

Are you serious? Great film. The director has made a few very good films, one being this film and another being Bone Tomahawk

You’re 100% correct. It’s garbage. Not one believable thing about it. If they said it was set in Narnia it would improve it!

Currently watching The Bounty Hunter

Shite/10

Though Jennifer Aniston does look canny good. That's still no reason to watch it though
edit: I skipped forward to random parts until I got to the end. Proper shite
Jennifer Aniston is shite like. Nice on the eye but has made very few films of consequence since Friends.

Jennifer Aniston is shite like. Nice on the eye but has made very few films of consequence since Friends.
This is true.
I saw Just Go With It. Appalling. At one point her and Kidman have a ‘dance off’ in their bikinis and I was embarrassed for them! They’d be about 45 year old at this point and still attractive but oh my god it was beyond cringe

Reactions: mux
Anyone else here like watching the channel Talking Pictures TV?

A lot of pretty cool old films and programs they show on there. Mostly obscure but in a way I like that. There was one on recently which was a 1960s version of Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None. The black and white 1945 movie is a classic (and available on youtube) but this 60s version was very good. Even though there was only 20 years difference between the two, the colour picture, musical background and change in character development in the 60s version clearly shows how much society had changed in such a short time.

The Card Counter

A gambler takes a young lad under his wing while travelling around playing poker and blackjack

Was canny. 7/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back