The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortal Kombat (2021) - Loved it, but then again the original in 1996 was one of my favourite films as a kid. Not going to win an Oscar but enjoyable if you like that type of thing. 8/10

Alien (1979) - 10/10 stone cold classic. Lost none of it's power and ability to shock even after repeated viewings. And to those who state the sequel is better I say, it's good but it's not right.

After the Gregory's Girl thread a couple of weeks ago, my missus & me watched it last night.
A superb film, also considering we both left school around that time, the school uniforms & hair styles were spot on (& rank)
My daughter consistently took the piss that we dressed and looked like that.
The only part of the film that let it down was the chef character Steve, the actor must have been 40 in real life.
The scene with Andy & Charlie hitchhiking to from Cumbernauld to Caracas to get laid was just hilarious
10/10

After the Gregory's Girl thread a couple of weeks ago, my missus & me watched it last night.
A superb film, also considering we both left school around that time, the school uniforms & hair styles were spot on (& rank)
My daughter consistently took the piss that we dressed and looked like that.
The only part of the film that let it down was the chef character Steve, the actor must have been 40 in real life.
The scene with Andy & Charlie hitchhiking to from Cumbernauld to Caracas to get laid was just hilarious
10/10

Everyone had a mate who looked way older at that age - I'm not sure he was that overage when he did the part

Predators (2010)

Adrian Brody leads a group of various bad people through the jungle after being dropped on an unidentified planet to be hunted by the predators. Good for what it is but obviously not as good as the original.

French Connection

One of my all-time favourite films. Great performances all-round, the tension was masterfully built throughout the film and the film was paced perfectly.

9/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back