The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motherless Brooklyn

Terrific acting, fabulous cinematography, brilliantly directed, witty script, suspense, heart, subtlety, lovely soundtrack (Wynton Marsalis). Best film I’ve seen in ages. Highly recommended. Grown up film for people with an attention span

Motherless Brooklyn

Terrific acting, fabulous cinematography, brilliantly directed, witty script, suspense, heart, subtlety, lovely soundtrack (Wynton Marsalis). Best film I’ve seen in ages. Highly recommended. Grown up film for people with an attention span
I'll have to give it another try. What is it about?

Motherless Brooklyn

I must not have an attention span as I turned it off. Acting was over the top for me. Watched for 40 mins then switched off

I must not have an attention span as I turned it off. Acting was over the top for me. Watched for 40 mins then switched off

:) Each to their own. Didn’t mean anything. Just didn’t want anybody who’s into Marvel Universe or shoot-em-up Die Hard Mission Impossible type stuff to be misdirected. There is a car chase like.
I'll have to give it another try. What is it about?
This. Sounds like something I'd like to watch.

I understand you can find out stuff here:

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mux
:) Each to their own. Didn’t mean anything. Just didn’t want anybody who’s into Marvel Universe or shoot-em-up Die Hard Mission Impossible type stuff to be misdirected. There is a car chase like.
Lol no offence taken. Just bit slow for me. Thought is was good that they were showing tourettes as a physical problem rather than a mental problem like most movies seem to portray it as

I understand you can find out stuff here:

;)
Wanna hear your expert opinion man!

Anyway I tried to get it and the only way is to buy it via Prime so I can't watch it until one of the main platforms picks it up.

Lol no offence taken. Just bit slow for me. Thought is was good that they were showing tourettes as a physical problem rather than a mental problem like most movies seem to portray it as

I was interested in how it was perceived by the ‘suffererer’ as well as his colleagues in 1950s New York. It didn’t even have a name then. But it wasn’t the only theme addressed in the film, how he navigates it and what talents go alongside it was interesting but there are tales of corruption, racism, political intrigues, crime within what is a noir thriller with arty use of colour and composition. And the jazz was cooool
Wanna hear your expert opinion man!

Anyway I tried to get it and the only way is to buy it via Prime so I can't watch it until one of the main platforms picks it up.

See above. I ‘obtained it’. 🤫

Mux. ! What the fuck is this out of 4 shit man. Play the f***ing game man. Ffs
It's a ../4 from Mux is practically my catchphrase on here man! Must have done it a hundred times!

I'll put the calculation out of 10 in brackets next to it from now on ;)

Motor City Cobra... its a 1/4 from Mux (2.5) :p

Watched Hillbilly Elegy last night. Quite enjoyed it - hadn't realised it was based on a true story. Read it was panned critically. 6.5/10

While I’m on a roll, re this thread, I saw this filum a while ago and loved it. You need to be a certain age to appreciate and understand the context and the reality of the protagonists to fully ‘get‘ this. So there’s a documentary about how Pet Sounds was made and how Brian Wilson went doo-Lilly. Not sure it’s the one ive seen - the Classic Albums doc might be better.

Anyway. Paul Dano is particularly good in this. Love and Mercy

plus : Making Pet Sounds.
Watched Hillbilly Elegy last night. Quite enjoyed it - hadn't realised it was based on a true story. Read it was panned critically. 6.5/10

Loved that film too. Not an easy watch at times.

Spiral. Criminally bad acting made it difficult to work out whether the characters were acting suspicious or just shit at portraying the scenes. Chris Rock's attempt at playing serious are well worth a watch tho. Shocking and the ending made me properly laugh. 1/10.

Please watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back