The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crisis 6/10 Opioid problem melodrama. Better than Cherry, just.

Those Who Wish Me Dead 4/10. Major disappointment after Hell or High Water and Wind River.

Watched the "The Last Right" on Amazon last night
The Irish version of Rainman, had some funny moment Colm Healy's performance as a Garda detective was superb

Ferry

Prequel film to the Dutch Netflix series with the character ferry bauman

Canny, not bad for Netflix 6.6/10
About an enforcer who has a moral dilemma.

Roald Dahl’s Esio Trot (2015). Dustin Hoffman plays a shy retired bachelor who is in love with his neighbour Judi Dench, but she’s appears to only interested in her pet tortoise so comes up with a idea to win her heart. Nice heart warming film with some good laugh out loud moments. 8/10

Episode 13 of the Double Reel Film Podcast is out now, featuring: Sound of Metal, Mosul, why WW84 is shite, The Color of Money, Starman, Intouchables vs its shite remake The Upside, The Damned United, David Lean's unrealised Nostromo project, and tmThe Films That Changed Our Lives.

Logon or register to see this image

9/10 what a film 👍 👍

9/10 what a film 👍 👍

4/10 Angelina looks after a young witness who is on the run from the secret service. Brilliant cast but but its one of the worst films I've ever seen. I actually switched it off with 15mins left as I really didn't care. An embarrassing film and I hope the director never makes another film. The cast was brilliant. Its like a made for tv film and it sucks big time. poop 👎

Last edited:

9/10 what a film 👍 👍

9/10 what a film 👍 👍

4/10 Angelina looks after a young witness who is on the run from the secret service. Brilliant cast but but its one of the worst films I've ever seen. I actually switched it off with 15mins left as I really didn't care. An embarrassing film and I hope the director never makes another film. The cast was brilliant. Its like a made for tv film and it sucks big time. poop 👎
So why give it a 4 then. What does it take to get a 1 like

Episode 13 of the Double Reel Film Podcast is out now, featuring: Sound of Metal, Mosul, why WW84 is shite, The Color of Money, Starman, Intouchables vs its shite remake The Upside, The Damned United, David Lean's unrealised Nostromo project, and tmThe Films That Changed Our Lives.

Is this your podcast mate?

Persian lessons

absolutely brilliant - 9/10

in my top 3 of the year so far.

german film based on the story in ww2 of a jew who is captured in Belgium and pretends he’s Persian as not to be executed, one of the senior German officers in the concentration camp believes this and wants him to teach him Farsi ( Iranian) language.

he has to create a made up language, brilliantly tense for two hours solid.
two great actors in the lead roles, cracking direction and a brilliantly subtle score.

its on Amazon, full motor city cobra recommendation.

I tried to watch army of the dead but turned it off after 20 minutes. It does my head in why Zack Synder refuses to film on location, everything is green screen and it’s obvious as fuck.

He really is shit isn't he, noticed this is on for 2 and a half hours? no need at all for a f***ing zombie film to be that long

I'll be giving it a pass till I'm desperate for summit to watch and even then probably wont

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back