The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched Good Time (netflix) which is by same people who did Uncut Gems (Better film). Similar in style, all very NYC, intense situations. It passed a couple of hours. 6/10.

I did enjoy it, not as much as 13 Assasins but interesting. Amazing beginning and ending, meandered a bitb in the middle. The thing that amazes me is he directs about 3 films a year. And not just little indie films, big elaborate stuff like this. Crazy
Not been going that long and has over 100 films since the early 90s. Don’t understand how he could do that many.

County Lines.

About the UK drugs network that operates cross-country. Decent stripped back performances and film. 7.5/10.

A Man Called Ove. Swedish movie about a miserable bloke who has pretty much given up on life. It's a sort of dark comedy which really comes to life when it flashes back to his earlier life and marriage. Maybe a bit predictable but some touching moments and quite life affirming in the end. 7/10

Supposedly Tom Hanks is going to direct and star in an English language version. Probably never happen but interesting to compare if it does.

What a film mate! I love Michael Mann films, this is one of his best. Legitimately an argument for this being Tom cruises best performance imo.

For some I love the scene where Cruises character is staring incredulously at a Coyote. Excellent film.

For some I love the scene where Cruises character is staring incredulously at a Coyote. Excellent film.

It almost seems to be good to true to be a fluke as he couldn't have choreographed it any better. Otherwise would have been regarded as a genius filmic moment. Although I suppose his decision to include it renders it as such.

Last edited:
It almost seems to be good to true as he couldn't have choreographed it any better. Otherwise would have been regarded as a genius filmic moment. Although I suppose his decision to include it renders it as such.

Nice one. It was so obscure I wasn't ever sure if it just me who loved it. Cruise with his 'WTF' face made the scene.

Nice one. It was so obscure I wasn't ever sure if it just me who loved it. Cruise with his 'WTF' face made the scene.

TBF to Tom Cruise he has decent form for stuff like this, so he'll have been able to react to it in the right way for his character. It's like in Rain Man, the fart in the phone box scene was an accident, Dustin Hoffman actually farted and they both stayed in character to react to it.

Either way. Collateral is a tremendous film and that's possibly Tom Cruise's best performance

Promising young woman. 6.5/10

cracking stuff from mulligan, she’s up with Rosamind pike as the very best at the moment.
film itself was decent, revenge thriller with a twist. Not sure if it’s best dim worthy for the oscars like, but mulligan certainly is.

I'm 32 minuted into 'anti life' with Bruce Willis and I'm struggling, thinking I have give it 20 minutes more than its worth. Anyone watched it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back