The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romancing in the Stone - 80's adventure romp, remember watching on the VHS, not bad, 6/10
Jewel of the Nile - Again a follow on from the above, didn't quite do it for me, average 5/10
Robocop - What else can you say, top film - 8.5/10
Ice Pirates - I remembered watching this as a lad, so I though a revisit, very bad, turned it off for another day (not) 3/10
Punisher (89) - Young Dolph Lundgren kicking ass, thought it would be mega-shite, was OK for the time 6/10
Red Scorpion - A Russian rambo type knock off with Dolph again, was pretty shite 4/10

Logon or register to see this image

6/10 I was disappointed but as it was made by the maker of John Wick I half expected it to be rubbish
Logon or register to see this image

666/10 haha its ok if you enjoyed the first two films. Dont think I'll bother watching the rest unless Doug Bradley makes an appearance lets see.. I think there is like 10 films in total but most are rip offs I highly recommend the first 3

Last edited:
A Call To Spy (2019) True story of Noor Inayat Khan and the other brave women trained and sent into occupied France in WWII. Brilliant film to watch, those women were made of stern stuff. 9/10

Watched Trassiberian on Saturday night
Emily Mortimer & Woody Harrelson get mixed up in drug smuggling on the train from Peking to Moscow
Ben Kingsley as a bent Russian detective at his scary brilliant best, a complete role reversal from Ghandi

This month for the podcast I watched Fight Club, The Fog, Seven Samurai, Spike Lee's Summer of Sam and a shitload of crap Disney live action remakes. My lad also watched a couple of good documentaries, Sherpa and Seaspiracy. We also talked about Ridley Scott's unrealised Tripoli project and the future of CGI in films.

The podcast is out now for anyone who wants a listen - episode 12.

Or on Spotify, Apple podcasts and all the usual platforms

This month for the podcast I watched Fight Club, The Fog, Seven Samurai, Spike Lee's Summer of Sam and a shitload of crap Disney live action remakes. My lad also watched a couple of good documentaries, Sherpa and Seaspiracy. We also talked about Ridley Scott's unrealised Tripoli project and the future of CGI in films.

The podcast is out now for anyone who wants a listen - episode 12.

Or on Spotify, Apple podcasts and all the usual platforms
Will give it a listen. Watching Sherpa tonight too.

On this? Do really like his films. Only recently noticed he actually appears in Hostel. You enjoy it?

I did enjoy it, not as much as 13 Assasins but interesting. Amazing beginning and ending, meandered a bitb in the middle. The thing that amazes me is he directs about 3 films a year. And not just little indie films, big elaborate stuff like this. Crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back