The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Son - Hugh Jackman, Laura Dern - sometimes films with good actors, just don’t work.
4/10 - don’t bother….gave it 4 for the 5 mins Anthony Hopkins was in it…

Tell No One [2006] 8/10
The film follows Dr. Alex Beck, who is still haunted by the murder of his wife eight years prior. Then he receives an email seemingly from her...

Overall, a gripping thriller ........

This sounds like my cup of tea. What channel/streaming site was it on please.

The Old Way - Nick Cage being none whacky Nick Cage in a western, seen it all before type thing, but passed a hour of so 5/10

Plane - Typical GB film, but not one of his better ones (Greenland), ticks the boxes of action no brainer, instantly forgettable the day after, delete from downloads 5.5/10

Black Panther 2 - 2 hours of MCU stuff, was alright, not the same impact as the first, although I never bought into the hype of that either. Seemed to go a little OTT on the homage to the guy who died (Boseman), filled a gap in the evening that's all.

On a side note, not a comic fan at all, but been watching all the MCU stuff, god knows what "Phase" we are on, but the originals all seems to be building to something and did. The latest lot, don't seem to be going anywhere, unless I'm missing something?
I spent a fortnight watching it on Wednesday night. Really boring and I can understand why they put the word forever in the title. It certainly seemed to go on forever.

The Worst Person In The World

The third film is Joachim Trier’s Oslo trilogy. It’s absolutely brilliant. A 30 year old woman aimlessly passing through life without direction. Failed relationships. Complicated relationships. It’s an absolute gut punch of a film. Not sure I could watch it again.

8.5/10

X - really enjoyed this. Managed to avoid seeing any spoilers or what it was actually about for over a year. Looking forward to seeing Pearl now. Took me a while to realise who was playing "old Pearl". Good make up, some dodgy CGI blood but not enough it's overly bad. Good fun. 7/10

The Worst Person In The World

The third film is Joachim Trier’s Oslo trilogy. It’s absolutely brilliant. A 30 year old woman aimlessly passing through life without direction. Failed relationships. Complicated relationships. It’s an absolute gut punch of a film. Not sure I could watch it again.

8.5/10
Where? Is it streaming like?
Wanted to see this

May watch it again sometime, my vague recollection is that there is a great story in there ruined by shoe horning an improbable american hero into the story.
Great story, Tom Cruise and his character are both great in it. Doesn't really bother me that the American becomes 'The Last Samurai.'

Great story, Tom Cruise and his character are both great in it. Doesn't really bother me that the American becomes 'The Last Samurai.'

A lot of people like Independence Day, it is the film I hate most above all others.
Doesn't really bother me that the American becomes 'The Last Samurai.'

That did bother me, just like if Hollywood did their version of the battle of Waterloo, but the hero was John Wayne in full cowboy mode. :lol:

Last edited:
Tell No One [2006] 8/10
The film follows Dr. Alex Beck, who is still haunted by the murder of his wife eight years prior. Then he receives an email seemingly from her...

Overall, a gripping thriller that weaves a complex web of intrigue and suspense, keeps the tension high and action moving at breakneck pace.
The film's intricate plot twists keeping you guessing until the very end.

I had started watching this a couple of weeks back without realising it was subtitled. Wasn't in the mood at the time so stopped watching it but picked it up again tonight. Decent movie and one of the better whodunit type plots albeit it did get a little silly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back