The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elvis

Enjoyed it. Didn’t know much of the story 8/10

Lad who played his manager did well, not seen him since Fat Bastard in Austin Powers

Is it a PG certificate?

The lad in his films from Psychoville puts me off, awful US accent too.
I don't know the rating Harry, I watched the full film and couldn't work out how the monkeys birthday party fit into the storyline, the film is overly long, it was ok'ish I guess but the story was all over the shop, who is/was the guy on the electric motorbike?

Watched Red Sparrow last night, canny enough spy action thriller starring Jennifer Lawrence - I'd give it a solid 6.5/10.
Got a right eyeful, bit of gratuitous nudity and violence but her russian accent was a bit dodgy mind :lol:

What’s Eating Gilbert Grape

Never heard of it until recently. Very good I thought. A bit absurd but funny with good acting.

Probably a 7.89/10 there.

Elvis - 6/10. Enjoyable enough biopic. Quirky re-telling in places, decent acting, lavish sets recreating Vegas etc. Not sure why but it just didn't do enough to make it a great movie.

Eyes Wide Shut

Kubricks final film, submitted to the studio 6 days before his death. Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise playing a fictional (and real life) married couple who are seem interested in other people. I think it’s brilliant. Including the back lot in London that they created to look like grenwich village NY due to Kubricks fear of flying. 8.5/10

Primal Fear

Richard Gere is the hot shot lawyer defending altar boy Edward Norton, who is accused of butchering a bishop. Great turn by Norton in one of his first film roles. 7/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back