The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen both the new Dr Strange and the Michelle Yeah film Everything Everywhere All At Once? Who do you think does the Multiverse idea better?

Also, anyone seen the new Nic Cage thing? Loved, hated, meh?

Dr Strange is pretty good. The first 2/3rds is a standard Marvel action film. The final third is a lot more Sam Raimi and is better for it. Scarlet Witch is much more interesting than Strange, but sadly doesn't get much character development

Everrything Everywhere All At Once is brilliant but f***ing bonkers

An infinite number of Michelle Yeohs battle an infinite number of Jamie Lee Curtis' through infinite parallel universes using chop socky. Includes a parallel universe exactly like ours except the film Ratatouille is real but it's a raccoon not a rat. And a remake of 2001 a Space Oddessey but everyone has hot dogs for fingers.

Hope this helps

Dr Strange is pretty good. The first 2/3rds is a standard Marvel action film. The final third is a lot more Sam Raimi and is better for it. Scarlet Witch is much more interesting than Strange, but sadly doesn't get much character development

Everrything Everywhere All At Once is brilliant but f***ing bonkers

An infinite number of Michelle Yeohs battle an infinite number of Jamie Lee Curtis' through infinite parallel universes using chop socky. Includes a parallel universe exactly like ours except the film Ratatouille is real but it's a raccoon not a rat. And a remake of 2001 a Space Oddessey but everyone has hot dogs for fingers.

Hope this helps

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Totally mad but with a big heart.

I had to go to the Tyneside to see it, not on at all in Durham. When I watched it I could see why it only got a limited release

And yes, big. heart, and Michelle Yeoh is amazing
Agreed ! Jamie Lee Curtis was great also. I went to the Tyneside as well on Sunday, hardly anyone in the screening.

Agreed ! Jamie Lee Curtis was great also. I went to the Tyneside as well on Sunday, hardly anyone in the screening.

I was in the 2pm and there were a few in

Totally off topic, but on the train from Durham there were a bunch of scratters messing around, and one of them got stuck in the over head luggage rack

The stupidest person I have seen in years

Last edited:
The Northman [2022] 7.5/10

Wanted to absolutely love this as I've enjoyed Eggers' previous stuff but thought it didn't quite hit the mark.
Great visuals, terrible accents.

Trying to watch this on the fire stick but its only available to buy from amazon for £8 (funnily enough).

It's on the list though.
Worth watching, bit disturbing given the content, but the storyline and Cage himself as a private detective are excellent.

Reactions: mux
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back