The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pig. Wtf.

4/10 only because cage looked in decent form. Just didn’t really feel like owt was happening.

Swan song - Apple

Really interesting story, in the near future a bloke has a terminal disease and their maybe the option to have his exact replacement without telling his family.

Touching and a little sad, maybe a tad slow at times but always wanted to see what would happen. Loved the ending.

A different. 7/10

Reactions: mux
The Sisters Brothers.

Western about two assassins on the trail of a gold prospector.

Should possibly have been better given the cast (Jaoquin Phoenix, John C Riley, Jake Gyllenhaal).

Still a decent watch 6.75/10

Fitch.
Thought it would be shite. Rather enjoyed it. Must be going soft in my old age. 6/10.
Don’t Look Up.
Shite. 2/10 and that is only for Cate.

Licorice Pizza - loved it. Might not be everyone's cup of tea, meandering storyline, not much of a plot, reminded me a bit of Once Upon a time in Hollywood. Also very similar to Punch Drunk Love. 9.3/10 for me.

Belfast - Also loved it (good start to '22 after a poor year last year imo) The climax action scene was bit disjointed I thought, but outstanding performances from the 5 lead actors imo. Will resonate especially with anyone who's emigrated. 8.1/10 for me.

How I fell in love with a gangster - netflix

3 hour polish gangster movie.

‘Based’ on a real gangster from Poland and all the shennaningans he gets upto from being young to older in life.

Not bad like, but long like at 3 hrs but decent values like production and cinematography, clearly spent a few quid. ( not that I know what I’m talking about )

6.5/10

If this doesn't have you reaching for the tissues your heart is pure stone 😢
Bruce Willis headlines, but is only in the film for about 10 minutes thankfully, his career is taking a nosedive of late.

Last edited:
Felt like a great 80's film if you were under 15 then. Lots of smiles all round at the nostalgia and seeing certain individuals again. Watch until the very end of the credits. Best film I've seen for a good while. 8/10

Nightmare Alley

Made me increasingly anxious as it went on, until I was just wishing for it to end.
Also 20 minutes too long. 7/10

Watching Apocalypto (very good movie) reminded me of a 70's film. In Africa, a prisoner of a tribe was released and hunted by the tribe, it was quite brutal. Any recall the name?

Edit - found it, The Naked Prey (1965)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back