The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Encounter. New film starring Riz Ahmed. Good acting by the 3 main characters (father and 2 young sons). Guessed what was going on after about 10 minutes tho. Decent enough watch either way. 7/10.

The Matrix Resurrections [2021]
6.5/10

It takes too long to get going (40 minutes).
It has some nice set-pieces but nothing groundbreaking.
The fight scenes are strangely tightly-shot and not as ambitious as the originals.
It's way too meta.
That 'good' flying dolphin machine that helps them. I mean.... what?!

Other than that it was fine.

Donde Caben Dos. A lil' pearl of a Spanish movie on Netflix. About a handful of couples who get their night mixed up at the same swingers club in Barcelona. It is a bit bonkers in places but in the most charming ways. Feel good movie with a lil' bit of added spice.

The French Dispatch - Typical Wes Anderson effort, made up of a few short stories. I didn’t enjoy it as much as The Grand Budapest Hotel or The Darjeeling Limited but still entertaining.

The Pebble and the Boy - 6/10. Passable small scale British film about a young lad paying tribute to his pretendy Mod dad.

Don't look Up - Netflix
8/10

Astronomers struggle to convince the president and the World at large that an asteroid on a collision course with Earth is a pressing issue. Funny, watchable and believable. Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Lawrence almost others, done by Adam McKay (Vice, The Big Short).

Don't look Up - Netflix
8/10

Astronomers struggle to convince the president and the World at large that an asteroid on a collision course with Earth is a pressing issue. Funny, watchable and believable. Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Lawrence almost others, done by Adam McKay (Vice, The Big Short).

The end of the word is coming but nobody cares. Great parody of the doomsday genre.

The Matrix Resurrections [2021]
6.5/10

It takes too long to get going (40 minutes).
It has some nice set-pieces but nothing groundbreaking.
The fight scenes are strangely tightly-shot and not as ambitious as the originals.
It's way too meta.
That 'good' flying dolphin machine that helps them. I mean.... what?!

Other than that it was fine.
They should've quit after the first one while they were ahead.

Don't Look Up 7/10

Weird as fuck this I thought, for a parody/satire it didn't hit the mark for me in laughs I think I might have chuckled once or twice. Thought Leo was great tho and Jeniffer Lawrence was good too, not really sure if I liked it or not :lol:

Don't Look Up 7/10

Weird as fuck this I thought, for a parody/satire it didn't hit the mark for me in laughs I think I might have chuckled once or twice. Thought Leo was great tho and Jeniffer Lawrence was good too, not really sure if I liked it or not :lol:
Same here. Started losing me half way through. Outstayed its welcome.

Reactions: mux
I can't watch stuff that is likely to be that emotional, I actively avoid films like that :lol:

Anyone seen the new Guy Ritchie film Wrath of Man? It's on Prime, I'll probably give it a go this week if it's any good.
It’s superb.
Don’t look up - 7/10

drama, satirical, dark comedy type of film.

canny interesting, few smiles, Lawrence was great, Leo canny but not sure if he was really up for it like.

worth a watch, bit different.

Last edited:
Reactions: mux
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back