The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Both on Netflix:

Fatale
0/10
Saw Hilary Swank was in it so watched it but it is the worst film I have seen in a decade.
Ludicrous script.
Michael Ealy must be the worst actor going.

Premonition with Sandra Bullock
6/10

The Bourne Legacy.

While it has some very good moments, it’s about 20 minutes too long. Incredible cast. I did like how they didn’t try to ignore Bourne in any way, linking it all together (obviously from the title they were at least going to acknowledge him, but he was quite integral without appearing)

6/10

Last edited:
Sky Documentary - Class Action Park

Dodgy owner, Rides designed on the back of a fag packet, no insurance, kids running security, average of 4 ambulances per day

Great watch

8/10
I saw that last year, enjoyed it a lot.

I watched This is England for the first time on Friday. It was great, I can’t believe I’ve never seen it before. 9/10
Started on the TIE86 TV series last night and got 3 episodes in. Was turning into more of a sitcom than the film for the first 2 episodes but the last 5 mins of episode 3 (the Trev scene and the return of Combo) brought it more in line with the film so have big hopes for the last episode.

I saw that last year, enjoyed it a lot.

I watched This is England for the first time on Friday. It was great, I can’t believe I’ve never seen it before. 9/10
Started on the TIE86 TV series last night and got 3 episodes in. Was turning into more of a sitcom than the film for the first 2 episodes but the last 5 mins of episode 3 (the Trev scene and the return of Combo) brought it more in line with the film so have big hopes for the last episode.
I found the whole thing (film and series) too depressing to enjoy tbh. Didn't get the hype around it.

Currently watching The Bounty Hunter

Shite/10

Though Jennifer Aniston does look canny good. That's still no reason to watch it though
edit: I skipped forward to random parts until I got to the end. Proper shite

Last edited:
The Vault

Brand new Amazon Prime offering.

Treasure hunters discover an invaluable treasure in the wreck of an old Spanish galleon. The haul immediately gets seized by the Spanish government and held in the vault of the Bank of Spain. Cue the attempt at getting it back.

It's decent but no more than that. Perfectly worthy of an evening's viewing but I can't say I'll watch it again.

It's a reasonable 2/4 from Mux.

Riders of justice

Danish film starring Mad mikkelson

Thriller with comedic undertone which works really well

Mads wife died in a train crash, a survivor has a theory and it then it goes bonkers.
Really enjoyed it.

Solid 8/10

Watched the Arsenal Stadium Mystery on TV earlier today.

Not bad build up but the big reveal at the end sucked

Respect
Aretha Franklin biopic. 7/10. Excellent music canny performances and how to cure alcoholism in one easy lesson.

The vault

Canny for an Amazon original which are hit and miss. Very fast paced and some good tension at times.

Don’t take it seriously, lighten the fuck up and you’ll enjoy

6.5/10

Reactions: mux
Censor

Might be of some interest to a few who remember some of the old 80s ‘video nasties’.

A censor whose job it is to view and cut horror/slasher movies is haunted by the mysterious disappearance of her sister during her childhood.

Despite brief clips and mentions of some 80s classics and Niamh Algar playing the lead, this film is a load of rubbish 4/10.

The tomorrow war.

Some bloke (along with a load of other blokes and lasses) gets sent to the future to try and stop an alien take over.

Enjoyable, 7.8/10

Amazon prime.

Came to recommend the above but this does it for me, good film and highly recommend watching!

Cruella was much better then i thought it'd be as well. 8.5/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back