The SMB = God

Dave Herbal

Striker
I’ve just had a road to Damascus moment.

The SMB comprises thousands of people from every profession and walk of life. Consequently, we represent pretty much every level of western society.
Question: would you be happy if the government was removed and every decision was decided by an SMB poll?

The SMB comprises thousands of people from every profession and walk of life. Consequently, we represent pretty much every level of western society.
Question: would you be happy if the government was removed and every decision was decided by an SMB poll?
Bit of a flaw. What about people who aren't addicted to the smb.

Given the state of politics over the last decade, it has to be worth a shot.

The SMB collectively probably averages out to be fiscally conservative and socially liberal (small c & l) so it should keep the majority on board with the occasional rebellion.

They did something similar in Ancient Greece. 500 members of the public (who in reality were well connected to influential people, like we all are) would be chosen to make decisions of state and pass laws.

It didn't turn out well when, after advising the army to invade an island and raze it to the ground, they then decided it wasn't such a good idea. They couldn't, however, get the message to the military in time.

I fear for the area around Lindisfarne if it was up to us. And Jolene's sweary crockery shop.

Have you seen the overreactions of some on PF? It would be petty arguments and name calling with fuck all getting done, just like parliament already is.

I get that you must not be asking that seriously, but what the hell, here's a serious answer.

No.

Absolutely no.

Referendums are plain stupid, a referendum of only the SMB would be worse.

I reckon most posters are rational enough to make the right decisions that would be beneficial to us all. Probably should temporarily ban a few posters while the polls are decided, like the gadgie wee showers with the mutt, or him who took the video of his lass with the bag on her napper.

I'm disappointed, I opened this thread thinking it was gonna be about me.

The internet is God or Satan I suppose, this forum is like a weed popping up on a well manicured lawn.
Good job we've got some weed killer.

Back