The SMB Book thread

Just finished kp's book and thought it was ok. 6.5/10... Seems to have put his neck on the line if any of the stuff he has said isn't true.

Captain Phillips. Before that, really enjoyed it.9/10 for me.

I can recommend a book called violent delights.not sure of the author, first name maybe Scott.about his time in northern Ireland and where it led him.

Nobody came...heartbreaking but a God read.

Oliver reeds book was also class.

Body and mind are one . Thitch Nhat Hahn. On audio book .
Lectures on mindful practice by a Vietnamese Buddhist monk.

Canny if you like that kind of thing. I like that kind of thing.

I've read and enjoyed his most famous ones, really loved them, but I find some of them impenetratable claptrap, sorry,must be a bit dim.

I was talking about your teacher mate, mate.

I don't get Shakespeare or poetry. It just runs into nothing after about 2 lines.

Love Dickens and found Pickwick hilarious. I can understand people not getting it.

I might start that next if you reckon its any good

My last one was David Jason's autobiography - 7/10 - standard fayre

A weird choice. :lol:

I recommend The Aquariums of Pyongyang if you're after a first hand account of North Korea. It's brilliant, better than Camp 14 like.

A weird choice. :lol:

I recommend The Aquariums of Pyongyang if you're after a first hand account of North Korea. It's brilliant, better than Camp 14 like.

I've read Aquariums of Pyongyang and also Barbara Demick's Nothing to Envy, but for me the best account of life in North Korea is:

Without You, There Is No Us by Suki Kim. She's a Korean-American who taught at an elite school in Pyongyang. An amazing insight into the every day lives of North Koreans. 9/10

Logon or register to see this image

I've read Aquariums of Pyongyang and also Barbara Demick's Nothing to Envy, but for me the best account of life in North Korea is:

Without You, There Is No Us by Suki Kim. She's a Korean-American who taught at an elite school in Pyongyang. An amazing insight into the every day lives of North Koreans. 9/10

Brilliant stuff, will purchase.

I finished that last week. I didn't like her style of writing but the book was fascinating 7/10

Back