The SMB Book thread

cluffy

Striker
I finished Wonderland Avenue by Danny Sugarman yesterday. It was a great read. It’s about him growing up and being part of The Doors management team when he was 13 and his subsequent addictio n
Starting Broken Greek by Peter Paphides next. It’s been getting great reviews.
Ugh. Imagine marrying Caitlin Moran :neutral:
read the Danny Sugarman book years ago - great stuff!

MoJoBo

Goalkeeper
Ugh. Imagine marrying Caitlin Moran :neutral:
read the Danny Sugarman book years ago - great stuff!
Really enjoyed it. My lass actually found it and bought me it for Xmas, I hadn’t been aware of it before that.

The Broken Greek one is very good. I’ve laughed out loud quite a few times and it brings back plenty of memories of watching TOTP and taping songs off the radio. I remember once filling a tape (both sides) with Candle in the Wind 😂 I was only about 8.

Monty Pigeon

Striker
Rings of Saturn has been on my to read list for ages, right up my street that sort of thing.
This is a great companion to it:

I love Sebald. Very difficult to single out any one book - they're all part of the greater whole.

Really enjoyed it. My lass actually found it and bought me it for Xmas, I hadn’t been aware of it before that.

The Broken Greek one is very good. I’ve laughed out loud quite a few times and it brings back plenty of memories of watching TOTP and taping songs off the radio. I remember once filling a tape (both sides) with Candle in the Wind 😂 I was only about 8.
Broken Greek is on my to read list...

Jasper

Striker
This is a great companion to it:

I love Sebald. Very difficult to single out any one book - they're all part of the greater whole.
I know he’s a big inspiration to Robert M so I must read his stuff.

AB22 Easy Tiger

Nocturnal Tourist
Staff member
Just finished Tony Robinson’s autobiography, no Cunning Plan. A very talented man and a great read.

Just started rereading The Kindness of Strangers, Kate Adie’s autobiography. Another great read.

cluffy

Striker
Ape and Essence by Aldous Huxley. 8/10
Fascinating short novel set in 2108 after a Third World War. Funny and disturbing and bizarrely relevant in the current situation we're living in.