The situation in London

I have lived here for 20 years,my street is as quiet as a churchyard,never once seen a stabbing in my street or area,there was an Islamic bomber lived two streets away however,saw the aftermath of one in Kingston on the notorious Cambridge estate,but is London really that bad?Where does Gallagher live?Is he heading back north (I am actually).

It's bad in London at the minute, but presumably he isn't going to Manchester of all places

Poor soul ,he survived Manchester in the 70s and he's meant to be hard :D.He really is out of touch bless him
When kids are getting stabbed in your street, would you not consider their future?

I know I would. Cities and large towns are becoming war zones, it’s no wonder he would look to move out to the country for a quieter and safer life for his kids, not necessarily him.
Aye because violent crime is something that never occurs in the North West - just a London thing iirc
I’m not sure he’s saying it doesn’t, and it’s not like he’s wanting to head back...but out into a more rural spot.

Last edited:
When kids are getting stabbed in your street, would you not consider their future?

I know I would. Cities and large towns are becoming war zones, it’s no wonder he would look to move out to the country for a quieter and safer life for his kids, not necessarily him.

I’m not sure he’s saying it doesn’t, and it’s not like he’s wanting to head back...but out into a more rural spot.
A bit hysterical there, mate.

A bit hysterical there, mate.
I’m seeing all sorts on social media / news etc, some of these programs on TV, although easy access to these type of incidents do give the impression that they’re common I will admit, but they’re happening and you can’t deny it. ‘War zone’ was a bit sensationalist I guess! :)

But look at the incident on Hylton Road last month, would you find that acceptable to be walking down there with your family and people battering each other and trying to knock each other over?

Music stars fleeing London fearing for the safety of their families, and Premier League footballers terrorised by the London gangs, forced to miss matches.

All part and parcel of living in a big city.

You mean "when you've managed to live your life in a glorious bubble in your wonderful mansion ,barely noticing the real world but due to having kids suddenly realise you know have to join it " would you not consider your future ? Yeah there's been a spike in crime but its hardly Manilla .The rest of London aren't running off .If you were his son and lived there all your days,mates etc ,would you want to move to some leafy place so your daft dad can stop flapping ?
I’m seeing all sorts on social media / news etc, some of these programs on TV, although easy access to these type of incidents do give the impression that they’re common I will admit, but they’re happening and you can’t deny it. ‘War zone’ was a bit sensationalist I guess! :)

But look at the incident on Hylton Road last month, would you find that acceptable to be walking down there with your family and people battering each other and trying to knock each other over?
That's the only incident of that kind I can remember in all my days and Sunderland was a rough place in the 70s .

Last edited:

Back