The situation in London

Political turmoil in 1970s Jamaica caused a massive increase in violence and this was shifted to London in 80s with Yardies moving over before they were killed.

I might be wrong.

Even now, the normalised levels of crime 'back home' influences how they act here. To put the blame on Somalians, as if like you say yardies haven't been at it for years, is bit too reductionist.

I have lived here for 20 years,my street is as quiet as a churchyard,never once seen a stabbing in my street or area,there was an Islamic bomber lived two streets away however,saw the aftermath of one in Kingston on the notorious Cambridge estate,but is London really that bad?Where does Gallagher live?Is he heading back north (I am actually).
Where do you live ?
London is such a huge City
There’s places where there’s very little crime & others that have hot spots

Where do you live ?
London is such a huge City
There’s places where there’s very little crime & others that have hot spots
I know that,i live in west London,some of the replies on here make it seem like I should be tripping over piles of corpses on every corner,in reality that's not the case.

Fact
Daughter was living in Chiswick for a good while
No issues whatsoever

It’s generally limited to the inner London boroughs and predominantly on the north side of the river. There are naturally exceptions but if you go to the outer London boroughs the violent crime seems to decrease significantly. That isn’t to say there aren’t still stabbings, I think there were a couple in Croydon recently.

I’ve moved back to an outer London borough from an inner London borough, simply because of affordability and wanting to buy my first property rather than crime, but a young bloke was stabbed to death on my estate a few weeks before I left.

I’m seeing all sorts on social media / news etc, some of these programs on TV, although easy access to these type of incidents do give the impression that they’re common I will admit, but they’re happening and you can’t deny it. ‘War zone’ was a bit sensationalist I guess! :)

But look at the incident on Hylton Road last month, would you find that acceptable to be walking down there with your family and people battering each other and trying to knock each other over?

So no actual evidence then.

Simple fact is crime has been falling steadily since 1994.

There are indeed worse areas,i used to live in tower hamlets,grotty as fuck,wouldnt live there if you paid me nowadays but back then I had no choice,shadwell.Croydon isn't all that,but yup there are worse areas.

Back