The Shape of Things to Come

Unfortunately, that would increase emissions and traffic through already over-urbanised areas.

People in high density, deprived areas already suffer from poorer air quality, higher risk of traffic accidents and noise pollution as is.
Would it? Have you done the study? It might mean people cooked for themselves instead.
Anything made easy is preferred to stuff that needs a little effort.

Have Labour made a commitment to getting rid of GPs?

The trouble is that too many of them are off the radar with no explanation for their absence.

I know that my health is substantially worse than it was last year because of medication changes made before covid. But can I hell get near a GP to be properly assessed to either represcribe the original medication or change it to something else. I’ve just gone through three days of completely unnecessary pain this week and felt suicidal over it. GPs need to get back to normal working and access and stop twattting around. There is zero excuse for them being out of sight now that most of them will have had their vaccinations.
I’m lucky I’m quite healthy, I had a horrific bout of food poisoning in November, rang GP was told I’d get a call if there was anything to tell me from the results. True to his word, he rang to say the food poisoning was campylobacter.
I also have no problem logging into patient line and getting me prescription re-subscribed.
Don’t get me wrong I love a KFC/McDonalds from time to time, same with a takeaway. I also know if I eat them too often I’m going to get fat due to the high calorie content.

We’ve had years of anti smoking legislation and educating kids on the dangers of it, now hardly any of them do it.

Do the same with nutrition information. Info on exercise, might take decades but we’ll get there eventually. Teach bairns basic cooking skills as well. The amount of people from my school who ballooned as soon as they left home because they didn’t have that fundamental life skill is ridiculous.
I have a Macdonalds about once a year, and that one a year reminds me why I don’t have them more often

Last edited:
Would less junk be consumed?

I don't think that justifies the means here Harry. The major problem at the moment is not people being able to have takeaway delivered, it is the way that takeaways, like betting shops, are concentrated in poor areas.

Stopping deliveries will just mean that people who have the means, will drive there. It won't do anything about the fact that poor areas are chocka with takeaways, and that the people who live closer to takeaways, are unhealthier.

^This.

Honestly don't know what the attraction is - I always feel nauseous after having one, so tend not to bother.
I genuinely buy one, as a reminder as to why I don’t. The thing is, you can buy really nice burgers to cook, if you fancy a burger, much cheaper than a McDonald, mind do like a McFlurry

I genuinely buy one, as a reminder as to why I don’t. The thing is, you can buy really nice burgers to cook, if you fancy a burger, much cheaper than a McDonald, mind do like a McFlurry

Try as I might, and I have tried, I cannot make a better burger than Maccies. Not sure what it is.

I don't think that justifies the means here Harry. The major problem at the moment is not people being able to have takeaway delivered, it is the way that takeaways, like betting shops, are concentrated in poor areas.

Stopping deliveries will just mean that people who have the means, will drive there. It won't do anything about the fact that poor areas are chocka with takeaways, and that the people who live closer to takeaways, are unhealthier.
It is a very simple measure. It would stop an awful lot if deliveries.
Whilst we are on they could ban ready meals as well.
Make it harder for people to buy rubbish.
Try as I might, and I have tried, I cannot make a better burger than Maccies. Not sure what it is.
I would find it difficult to make a worse one.

I guess it’s just taste, and the actual maccies burger does have a nice taste, it’s just the overall meal. Maybe if I could just order 4 burgers with no bread and a McFlurry

It is a very simple measure. It would stop an awful lot if deliveries.
Whilst we are on they could ban ready meals as well.
Make it harder for people to buy rubbish.

And as I say, it would turn a lot of deliveries into collections. I mean sure, it would probably help the cause but it's got to be way down the priority list.

Back