The Serpent

• Thread starter Deleted member 22162
  • Start date

Just bought the book, updated after the seies, but was written in late 70s by to journos who spent loads of time with him before n during trial, good reviews, think he givens an account of what happened that seems pretty accurate

think one thing they dont get across in the series is that he brought a lot of "groupies" into his crimes, wasnt just him n the French lass a lot of the time.

Just bought the book, updated after the seies, but was written in late 70s by to journos who spent loads of time with him before n during trial, good reviews, think he givens an account of what happened that seems pretty accurate

think one thing they dont get across in the series is that he brought a lot of "groupies" into his crimes, wasnt just him n the French lass a lot of the time.

That was alluded to in the final episode when he and the French Canadian girl were living with two lasses and a lad but only in passing really.

That was alluded to in the final episode when he and the French Canadian girl were living with two lasses and a lad but only in passing really.

yeah thats exactly that was I reading about, was an English lass and an Aussie nurse who got caught with them in India. theyd been poisoning people with him

the English lass testified against him at trial, the only one to do so, and got let home after a couple of years in jail

looking forward to reading the books, proper interesting case

Really enjoyed this series. Was totally not expecting anything from it, but found it completely gripping. Probably one of the best series I’ve watched this year. Some great actors as well, they really made the whole thing engrossing.

Just been watching it over the last few nights on Netflix as I missed it when it was on the BBC

The jumping around of the timelines can get confusing but the cinematography, sets and costumes are fantastic.

Jenna Coleman is as gorgeous as ever. Worth watching just to gawp at her.

I watched E1 and I didn't enjoy the switching back and forth between years. I'd rather it focused on the investigation. Creepy fucker though.
Just finished it last night. The constant jumping back and forward was annoying. I know they were trying to spoonfeed you "cause and effect", but it was just bouncing around far too much
Jenna Coleman is as gorgeous as ever. Worth watching just to gawp at her.
Just me who thought the cloggy's wife was stunning?
Sorry, I'm bailing out after 3 episodes.
I don't like the script or the time-jumps. A quality writer could adapt this as a 3 or 4-parter. No way does it warrant 8 hour-long episodes. There's a difference between a slow-burner and being ploddingly overwritten.
Jenna Coleman might be an ultimate WAD but even she wasn't enough to keep me interested.
I'd rather read the book.
You're right there. 4 parts would have been plenty enough.

Last edited:

Back