The Second Half

I agree with many of the posts. The game was won in the 1st half and, although a little tedious in the 2nd half, it was clear that they just conserved energy and controlled the game. From a personal point of view, I'd like to see us score a few more goals in the North Stand end as most seem to be scored on the South Stand end 😉

It's called game management, these days.
Was similar against Lincoln and Wycombe at home, when we were 3 goals up by half time, and had the game as good as won, so we just easily seen the game out, in the 2nd half.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not moaning btw. I just think we missed a golden opportunity to try something different with the personnel whilst boosting our GD at the same time

Dobson is going to get booked and banned sometime, it would have been an opportunity to give Scowen some game time along side Power, thats my only gripe with Parky tonight

Waste of time. If PP doesn't want to score more goals when the game is won then he should be trying to learn about his team. Change something. Tell Dobson to move further forward, move Power into midfield instead of central defence. Change formation. Anything. The same repetitive substitutions teach him nothing.

What the fuck are you on about?
People saying we should have changed earlier etc. Bringing subs on any earlier tonight would have achieved nothing. The game was dead and buried at half time. Anything done 2nd half from the starting 11 or subs bench was totslly irrelevant and would not have been anymore of a marker than a run of the mill training game.

Last edited:
Controlling the game; minimise fatigue and risk of injuries. Credit to Parky and the lads for doing the job early on and managing the game well.

Edit : op complete pissypants

Conserving energy etc., is all well and good as long as we stay professional. Do it properly without a half-arsed, 'it doesn't matter' attitude and remain sharp. Otherwise we could be surprised if a team scores and we can't come back. It also can't be allowed in the dressing room or to runover into the preparation for the next match. Other than that, tickety-boo.
(I've just explained that expression to a little Indian fella at work and now everything that's ok is tickety-boo.)

Last edited:
Definitely worth running everyone into the ground when the games won after 30 mins on the miniscule chance goal difference will matter.

End of thread. OP's had a mare etc.
Waste of time. If PP doesn't want to score more goals when the game is won then he should be trying to learn about his team. Change something. Tell Dobson to move further forward, move Power into midfield instead of central defence. Change formation. Anything. The same repetitive substitutions teach him nothing.

Or it solidifies a shape that's working well and the more practise we get on the pitch using it, the better.

Last edited:

Back