The scenes in Scotland at full time

Pickford had the ball around 70mins and nobody was making and runs and Mings and somebody else (maybe Shaw) were making ‘calm down’ motions with their arms. At that point it all made sense
Exactly. Southgate set them up and sent them out not to lose. It was the perfect result for his game plan. Getting knocked out by France or Portugal in the last 16 gets him the sack. Losing on penalties to one of the top sides in the quarters gets him a new contract.

A bit pathetic really considering how bad England were last night. The Scots should be looking at that as 2 points dropped rather than 1 gained

Celebrating a 0-0 draw? Whatever tickles their pickle. They could of won that. I'd be disheartened at the fact they never beat a poor English side.
We celebrated the fact that we are still in the competition, not that we drew with the mighty England. To be still in it after the first 2 games is something of a success for the Scottish team. Croatia look beatable and I can't see England playing for anything but a win against the Czechs.

What exactly are Scotland celebrating?

They've taken one point from two games against teams that they could have beaten.

They've scored no goals in either game and they now need to beat a team that also needs to win to progress.

A 0-0 draw that almost knocks them out, let them celebrate
How well you demonstrate the arrogance of the English in this context. Nothing new in that, it has been that way for decades. Laughable.

On ITV after the game the English presenters and commentators grudgingly managed to stumble out the comment "The Scots defended well". Well, hello, they also attacked far better than the English, showed more entertaining football and looked far more likely to score throughout the game. Their marking and challenging were a treat to watch.

The post-match comments of the English players and manager were hilarious. A complete omission of reality. England can be a good, entertaining side but they can also be a tedious bore (like last night). Their post-match comedy show at least lightened the atmosphere. I liked the Graham Souness attempts to get the English lot to show some willingness to admit the reality of the game. Modest but firm, and totally ignored, so patient as well.

The Scottish Manager, players presenters, commentators and fans, after the game, were modest and realistic. A welcome change from the English twaddle.

I wish both teams well in their next games, but I expect the Scots to put on a better show.

How well you demonstrate the arrogance of the English in this context. Nothing new in that, it has been that way for decades. Laughable.

On ITV after the game the English presenters and commentators grudgingly managed to stumble out the comment "The Scots defended well". Well, hello, they also attacked far better than the English, showed more entertaining football and looked far more likely to score throughout the game. Their marking and challenging were a treat to watch.

The post-match comments of the English players and manager were hilarious. A complete omission of reality. England can be a good, entertaining side but they can also be a tedious bore (like last night). Their post-match comedy show at least lightened the atmosphere. I liked the Graham Souness attempts to get the English lot to show some willingness to admit the reality of the game. Modest but firm, and totally ignored, so patient as well.

The Scottish Manager, players presenters, commentators and fans, after the game, were modest and realistic. A welcome change from the English twaddle.

I wish both teams well in their next games, but I expect the Scots to put on a better show.
Not really is was a shit game which was there to be won for Scotland, which is what they needed. They will not qualify now.

Not really is was a shit game which was there to be won for Scotland, which is what they needed. They will not qualify now.

I enjoyed the game, not as a work of art, but I found it a good, entertaining Derby spectacle and was made so by the Scots. They were far better, player against player throughout the game and produced a fair amount of quality.

Has England come up with another "Golden Generation"? I.E., bunch of arrogant twats.

If England had been playing away to France/Germany/Spain/Holland etc with no real goal scorer knowing a draw would keep them in the mix......the fans would be having a party after a "hard fought draw".
I actually hoped Scotland would score in the 2nd half so England would go at them......that's assuming Gareth wasn't playing for a draw to finish 2nd in group:rolleyes:

Because Scotland are crap. It’s not like they qualify regularly. Getting a draw is a big result, and leaves them in with a shout if they can scrape third.

And isn’t this the oldest fixture in football? The fact Southgate didn’t go for it is a disgrace.
Always thought when you in a World Cup or European Championship group stage your first priority is to qualify surely?

And whether it’s the oldest fixture in football is totally irrelevant.

Of course though I am total agreement with you about the side Southgate picked.

Was really disappointed with both sides England should be looking to beat Scotland as player for player a lot better on paper.

And Scotland although crap like you say surely after losing the first game should have been looking to take more risks to try and qualify.

Which should have turned into a open game yet was the complete opppsite

What exactly are Scotland celebrating?

They've taken one point from two games against teams that they could have beaten.

They've scored no goals in either game and they now need to beat a team that also needs to win to progress.

watch you don't trip over that petted lip...

"against England it could easily be 4 or 5" poor prediction from you, in the end Scotland (play-off sneak ins) didn't even score once away to the seeded nation that fans were debating whether they should avoid topping the group to get an easier draw in a massively arrogant style.

But now we could have beaten England and in a revionist move opposing everything you said in the Scotkland-Czech thread, you now think Scotland could have won both games. Comedy Gold.

Back