The scenes in Scotland at full time

Always thought when you in a World Cup or European Championship group stage your first priority is to qualify surely?

And whether it’s the oldest fixture in football is totally irrelevant.

Of course though I am total agreement with you about the side Southgate picked.

Was really disappointed with both sides England should be looking to beat Scotland as player for player a lot better on paper.

And Scotland although crap like you say surely after losing the first game should have been looking to take more risks to try and qualify.

Which should have turned into a open game yet was the complete opppsite
Nah, a draw against the strongest team is a good result. They can now qualify with the right result against the worst team in the group.

Guess we will have to agree to disagree mate but fail to see how 1 point from 2 games is good in anybody’s book
The first game is irrelevant in this case for Scotland fans. The Czechs are a good side.
It’s not, and Croatia are not the worst team in the group, Scotland are comfortably.
Yeah, but they could nick a result at Hampden. Especially if they place faith in Gilmour. He’s going to be a star player.

I mean worst in comparison to the other teams Scotland have to play. I find it surprising anyone would think a team like Scotland would not celebrate a result against their oldest rivals that have a much stronger team.

Last edited:
The first game is irrelevant in this case for Scotland fans. The Czechs are a good side.

Yeah, but they could nick a result at Hampden. Especially if they place faith in Gilmour. He’s going to be a star player.

I mean worst in comparison to the other teams Scotland have to play. I find it surprising anyone would think a team like Scotland would not celebrate a result against their oldest rivals that have a much stronger team.
The first game is totally relevant because you have 0 points from that game, the draw against England actually put them bottom of the group!

It would have been a amazing result against England if they had won that opening group match the fact they lost it puts the result in a totally diffrent light.

It reminds me of years ago when people were praising Celtic for getting a 0 0 draw at Anfield against a far better side in Liverpool, totally ignoring the fact Liverpool had beat them in the first leg at Celtic, and that 0 0 draw meant they were out!

A loss would have seen us out.
Give a small nation a chance man!
We just drew away in a major tournament finals against the favourites after not qualifying for donkeys.
It is the equivalent of Jamaica getting a point against Portugal or Romania getting a point against Brazil.
I'll give you that but I'm sure we're only favourites with the bookies in the UK cos numpties have lumped on us. I certainly don't think we're favourites in any other nation. Here in Spain we're certainly nowhere near to being favourites.

You played out of your skins and we were awful but I keep reading people say that you deserved to win. I certainly don't agree with that.

Last edited:
The first game is totally relevant because you have 0 points from that game, the draw against England actually put them bottom of the group!

It would have been a amazing result against England if they had won that opening group match the fact they lost it puts the result in a totally diffrent light.

It reminds me of years ago when people were praising Celtic for getting a 0 0 draw at Anfield against a far better side in Liverpool, totally ignoring the fact Liverpool had beat them in the first leg at Celtic, and that 0 0 draw meant they were out!
Just getting there was the achievement. Scotland have zero expectation of qualifying, and are just enjoying being at a major tournament for the first time in 20 years.

That Liverpool game is a good comparison. Celtic had a slim to zero chance of getting through, so playing well and getting a draw was a great result. Sport is not just about winning.

Last edited:
Just getting there was the achievement. Scotland have zero expectation of qualifying, and are just enjoying being at a major tournament for the first time in 20 years.
Of course it was and don't get me wrong must be absolutely brilliant for Scotland players, fans everybody connected to them.

But hway once there you try to progress to the next round or what's the point.

How you can say Celtic getting a draw was a great result despite the fact that put them out shows you totally missing the point of sport full stop.

Last edited:
Of course it was and don't get me wrong must be absolutely brilliant for Scotland players, fans everybody connected to them.

But hway once there you try to progress to the next round or what's the point.

How you can say Celtic getting a draw was a great result despite the fact that put them out shows you totally missing the point of sport full stop.
What was the point in Eric The Eel or Eddie The Eagle? Different teams have different measures of success.

For Scotland, putting in a good account of themselves is all that is necessary.

Does my head in how comparatively shit England are at sports that they invented and with more resources and population to draw upon than most. Its quite remarkable really.

Back