The scenes in Scotland at full time

A loss would have seen us out.
Give a small nation a chance man!
We just drew away in a major tournament finals against the favourites after not qualifying for donkeys.
It is the equivalent of Jamaica getting a point against Portugal or Romania getting a point against Brazil.
Favourites in England not anywhere else. Brought about by the sort of eejits who wander around in crusader outfits hoying a tenner on them before popping into Wetherspoons.

Scotland's obsession with England is really holding them back, every point is celebrated as a victory, every defeat celebrated as a moral victory.

Their fans should be just as critical of them tonight as we are of England.

The game was there for the taking and they were just as culpable for not going for it as we were.
How many of their players would get in the England squad?
Who are we to say what results another team can celebrate.

Pretty tinpot celebrating a draw the way they have. Croatia will humiliate them and they can scurry back home and slag off England for the rest of the tournament

A long shot....Scotland win 2-0 England lose 1-0 and the jocks finish above but stranger things have happened
Perfectly possible. Why not? I loathe the arrogance of the English Football World. They have won bugger all since 1966 internationally. Still they spew out the verbal rubbish we have to listen to. To be tolerant to them, they do have the huge disadvantage of being in South East England. More to be pitied than mocked.

Mind I would prefer to have Wales, Scotland and England in the last 16, what fun it would be.

Croatia look vulnerable to me, no reason the Jocks can't beat them. They might have to finish a chance at some point like.
They are fading. I mentioned on here after their England game that this is a tournament too far for this squad. They’ve been very unlucky with group draws, playing Brazil in Brazi, refs, etc ower the best part of ten years now. Hopefully they’ll be punching above their weight again soon.

Remembered for generations .
Fuck me they drew nil nil .
Like I said earlier if England had drawn 0-0 away to Spain/France/Germany/Holland with no decent strikers to stay in the mix for final games it would have been a hard fought draw and fans/press would have been congratulating them
Give the jocks some credit they played well and could easily have scored......Gareth Southgate needs his arse kicked for team selection/tactics but he clearly wants to finish 2nd so best odds of 23/10 look tempting for the draw

Last edited:
I enjoyed the game, not as a work of art, but I found it a good, entertaining Derby spectacle and was made so by the Scots. They were far better, player against player throughout the game and produced a fair amount of quality.

Has England come up with another "Golden Generation"? I.E., bunch of arrogant twats.
Fodens hair dye job may just be the start. Whoever put that idea in his head wasn’t the person guiding him previously. This lot are (so far) a lot more likeable than the so called golden generation, but the mood can change. Post match interviews revealed a remarkable lack of self awareness. England were shit, just admit it and say we need to be better.
Fodens hair better be back to natural when he reports for pre season or he’ll be playing his friendly games at Altrincham and Stockport.
Two I reckon. Both at LB. That’d give Southgate 4RBs and 4 LBs. He’d be creaming all ower his waistcoat at the thought.

Last edited:
I don’t think we saying what they can celebrate.

I think people are saying they surprised fans are celebrating a result that leaves their team with 1 point from 2 games in a 3 game group hence leaving a uphill task to qualify.

If the England Scotland game had been the first group game would totally get it but not after they lost their first game

Last edited:
Like I said earlier if England had drawn 0-0 away to Spain/France/Germany/Holland with no decent strikers to stay in the mix for final games it would have been a hard fought draw and fans/press would have been congratulating them
Give the jocks some credit they played well and could easily have scored......Gareth Southgate needs his arse kicked for team selection/tactics but he clearly wants to finish 2nd so best odds of 23/10 look tempting for the draw
Totally disagree with that mind if England had lost they first group game and were over the moon drawing 0 0 in the second game, whoever they were playing they would be slaughtered not praised for celebrating 1 point from 2 games

A loss would have seen us out.
Give a small nation a chance man!
We just drew away in a major tournament finals against the favourites after not qualifying for donkeys.
It is the equivalent of Jamaica getting a point against Portugal or Romania getting a point against Brazil.
True mate. Enjoy it

Considering Rio said the England just had to turn up , and Scotland were lambs to the slaughter - I and all my mates were rather pissed last night . Don’t think I expected to be so pissed , we all expected an absolute horsing but the England were honking last night & they weren’t exactly brilliant on Sunday either

Scotland will go out on Tuesday tho and the England will go out in next round

Back