The saying ‘Six and Two Threes’

Didn't realise the saying "you'll get wrong" isn't used all over. Mainly seems to be a North East thing
I was astonished when I found that people outside the North East didn't use "get wrong". Absolutely flabbergasted. It's an expression you hear all the time here when you're a kid so when I left the area at 18 I had just assumed it was standard English.

Mind, I've definitely heard "six and two threes" outside the region, and I've definitely heard "six of one, half a dozen of the other" in the northeast. I wouldn't have said there was any controversy in using either explain here or there.

I was astonished when I found that people outside the North East didn't use "get wrong". Absolutely flabbergasted. It's an expression you hear all the time here when you're a kid so when I left the area at 18 I had just assumed it was standard English.

Mind, I've definitely heard "six and two threes" outside the region, and I've definitely heard "six of one, half a dozen of the other" in the northeast. I wouldn't have said there was any controversy in using either explain here or there.
You'll get wrang!

Back