The Safety of Fans in the North Stand

This. If the away fans are staying there then netting is the answer. Works at so many other stadiums.

It feels like club are just awaiting a serious incident/injury to happen first. I'd feel let down if I sat in the North Stand.

Moved Seats for next season to the SWC. Not risking sitting under the away fans any more given the club are doing nothing (effective) to protect their own supporters.

Probably another side issue to be considered is the fact we now waste hundreds of seats up there when the stadium sold out a couple of times, it’s costing us loads of money each time, that net would’ve paid for itself many times over by now.

Not necessarily, so long as the risks are made clear to all attendees. There's a legal doctrine called volenti non fit injuria whch states that a person accepting a known risk cannot subsequently claim against the other party.

I'm not convinced it would necessarily apply here, but tort law judges can be laws unto themselves, and these cases aren't decided by a jury.
Not sure that is a correct interpretation of the law.

No one who goes to a football match is consenting to have missiles thrown at them

also, if the risk is known to those spectators below sufficiently that you say they consent, then the risk must be sufficiently known to the club and they would need to ensure the ground was safe or the Safety Certificate would be at risk if the risk is so obvious

I was working at Sheff Utd ground last week and noticed their easy solution.
In the only stand with 2 tiers, between the tiers they had erected a series of horizontal poles between which was hung a kind of tarpaulin/net/canopy. Easy, relatively cheap and effective. Wouldn’t be surprised to see something like that at the SOL soon.

Back