The run up to the big operation

1 day to go.

Had a crap sleep. I knew I had to be up for the stoma nurse. Who turned up at 12. Felt terrible all day but got marked up ok.

I’m just back from my port flush and my mother is here packing my bag. Even just moving about kicks off the pain. I am f***ing starving. If I eat I’m in agony. Even water causes cramps but I can’t do without that. I have a cup a soup around 12 and suffer for a couple of hours after it.

I’m catching the train soon. Then a taxi to the hotel. I did have hospital digs booked but it’s another trip so I have a hotel next to the hospital. Then a walk in tomorrow and it’s in their hands.

Thanks for the gift by the way. Most of you don’t know this but one of you sent me a very nice float in the air message ballon from everyone. It reminds me that I have the support of a big bunch of not quite strangers. It really means a lot.
Good luck today thinking about you 😘😘xx

No days to go.

It’s here. Train was 90 minutes late. Not much sleep. But I made it. Get ready. A short walk around the corner. And that’s that.

I’ll update as soon as I can. Thanks for the company.
Once more into the breach Foggy. Your courage knows no bounds. I'm sure you have the respect of every last one of us and we're with you all the way. Now, hurry up with the update, don't be dawdling

Back