The Royle Family

watching it now on UK Gold, brilliant, but why did it go absolute turd after the episode the nana died?

Because they were sucking the marrow from the bones of it. They should have quit while they were ahead like us brits used to do. Fawlty towers and blackadder were classic examples.

Fools and horses was the first to go on far too long imho. I would have said last of the summer wine but most of the people who watch that are more than likely senile and thought it was a brilliant new series...

The later episodes were horrendous and a complete parody of its former self.

The first three series, Xmas specials and Queen of Sheeba were superb.

watching it now on UK Gold, brilliant, but why did it go absolute turd after the episode the nana died?
Tried to milk it dry and made it a parody, the queen of Sheeba episode was superb and should have ended like that. Nana passing away was an event and also the first time there was a scene outside of the house, that was tribute in itself, Jim’s tears in the hospital man.

Last edited:
Because they were sucking the marrow from the bones of it. They should have quit while they were ahead like us brits used to do. Fawlty towers and blackadder were classic examples.

Fools and horses was the first to go on far too long imho. I would have said last of the summer wine but most of the people who watch that are more than likely senile and thought it was a brilliant new series...

Exactly, same old, same old........

My favourite line is where Barbara is stressed about cooking the dinner; she apologies to Twiggy about what she's cooking and he says something along the lines of 'don't worry about me Barb, I'll eat any old shite.'

When they started filming the show, some of the people involved didn't think it was working and wanted to put a canned laughter track on :eek:

Back