The Rock/Metal thread......

i was at that one. iirc schenker was pissed and had a stand in at the side. might be wrong like, it was a long time ago and i'll have been pissed myself.
vandenberg were canny. i still have their first lp, they were always getting played on the hot and heavy express.
Hot and Heavy express, thats going back a bit. Hosted by the Flashing Ginger

i was at that one. iirc schenker was pissed and had a stand in at the side. might be wrong like, it was a long time ago and i'll have been pissed myself.
vandenberg were canny. i still have their first lp, they were always getting played on the hot and heavy express.
There was a rumour at the time there was a second guitarist playing his solos behind the stage. It was his guitar tech doing what guitar techs do, tuning his guitars and getting them ready to change guitars from one song to another. That was the Assault Attack tour where Gary Barden rejoined the band after Graham Bonnet was sacked. Love that album they did with Bonnet. Looking forward to seeing him back with Gary Barden and getting to see him play with Graham Bonnet too.

aye. that's right. tommy vance on a friday and alan robson on a saturday night :)
Great days. The Indie kids had John Peel, we had TV on the Radio on the Friday Rockshow then Alan Robson on a Saturday night.

Was thinking about it but have had a busy week with Gojira on Wednesday, The Stranglers on Thursday and Bonafide on Friday.
If you`ve not heard of Bonafide they are well worth checking out..simple, straight forward Hard Rock like it used to be with a hint of AC/DC:

Aye i like Bonafide seen them a couple of times good band, Thunder were mint in there last night was like the old days of the city hall.

I've been priced out of the Metallica tour as I'm sure many others have. When I could go to 5/6 smaller gigs instead, there is just no competition

Theres gigs on most weeks in Newcastle that are a fiver to get in if into thrash and heavier type stuff, Trills starting to put a lot on as well for minimal charges its like 20 nights out and that's without travel and accommodation plus inflated drinks prices on the venue. Guess they think can still make a bunch of money doing it that way, guess even if its half full still same revenue than if £50 and sold out, if they sell more then quids in. They have to pay for the flop of through the never somehow.

I've been priced out of the Metallica tour as I'm sure many others have. When I could go to 5/6 smaller gigs instead, there is just no competition
The prices are very dissapointing, I've seen Metallica lots over the last 20 years so not bothering with ths tour. They sell their shirts in Top Shop, man :neutral:

I got tickets (for metalica) because the Mrs is a big fan but has never seen them. The thing that pisses me off is the £11 service charge per ticket plus £2.20 per ticket to post them second class!

Yep followed my presale £200 (near enough) for two tickets. I'll wait and try for the £55 ones in general sale. Thing that got me is it includes a copy of Hardwired... which I have already, so I feel like I am being charged twice for that CD.

Yep followed my presale £200 (near enough) for two tickets. I'll wait and try for the £55 ones in general sale. Thing that got me is it includes a copy of Hardwired... which I have already, so I feel like I am being charged twice for that CD.
We're the cheaper ones not seating? I didn't check just picked standing.

Been getting into some decent modern bands :eek:

Bulletrain - from Sweden, classic melodic metal rock. Latest album What You Fear The Most is pretty flawless.

Love Razer from Canada - very GnR meets Crue, even have their own umlauts :lol: Just released one three track ep which is absolute class called Rock And Roll Addiction

Back