The rich are killing the planet

Cheers, didn't really answer what I asked though.
430ppm seems incredibly low. An increase in 100ppm over the last 50 years doesn't seem a lot.
So how much would be too much?
Also what is the correct amount?
100ppm is knocking a 30% increase.

For it to be an immediate threat (as in use suffocating) it could be loads higher.

When it comes to longer term impacts such as drought, loss of arable land, hundreds of millions of climate migrants it's already too high.

same with obama , warns of catastrophic climate change but buys beachside mansion so obviously he doesnt really believe it , just pushing the globalist line like a good little system server

That's absolutely bollocks reasoning. Man buys a house therefore he's a climate change denier
What can we do? Simple, stop having kids.

Stop having so many kids might be the answer. Unless you want to end humanity as a species

That's absolutely bollocks reasoning. Man buys a house therefore he's a climate change denier

Stop having so many kids might be the answer. Unless you want to end humanity as a species
The world doesn’t belong to humans, I doubt very few other species would give a toss if we died out.

I agree there are better forces at play here however we can all do our bit. If ever single person made a change for the better then I believe we can have a positive impact

Remember we are all responsible for our own behaviour

A new report says the world's wealthiest 1% produce double the combined carbon emissions of the poorest 50%, according to the UN.

The wealthiest 5% alone – the so-called “polluter elite” - contributed 37% of emissions growth between 1990 and 2015.

What can we do to stop this?

Nothing .. when you've all taken the covid antidotes the matter will put itself right in a few years ;)

A new report says the world's wealthiest 1% produce double the combined carbon emissions of the poorest 50%, according to the UN.

The wealthiest 5% alone – the so-called “polluter elite” - contributed 37% of emissions growth between 1990 and 2015.

What can we do to stop this?

What are you doing about it? Being in the top 5% And all.
What can we do? Simple, stop having kids.
I think it’s the Chinese and Indians that need to heed that advice.

Last edited:
Carbon Monoxide is good for nowt.
Also, too much CO2 is bad for everyone.
You can't rely on the amazon as it's being cut down day by day.
It's also one large forest on one part of the world. You'd need something that size almost in every country to counterbalance what's being chucked into the atmosphere by humans and the things humans do.
Mass producing herds of cows creates more methane than we can cope with
Carbon monoxide is used to make acetic acid which is then used to make various polymers and PVA glues.

Not as sexy as nitrogen monoxide though. That is part of the process of an erection and is what binds to the guanylate cyclase receptors allowing the muscles in the organ in question to relax and more blood to flow in keeping smiles on faces after popping the little blue pill.

If it helps I am planting two more apple trees and a dozen grape vines this year.

Last edited:
Carbon monoxide is used to make acetic acid which is then used to make various polymers and PVA glues.

Not as sexy as nitrogen monoxide though. That is part of the process of an erection and is what binds to the guanylate cyclase receptors allowing the muscles in the organ in question to relax and more blood to flow in keeping smiles on faces.

If it helps I am planting two more apple trees and a dozen grape vines this year.

Thanks a bunch, science...

same with obama , warns of catastrophic climate change but buys beachside mansion so obviously he doesnt really believe it , just pushing the globalist line like a good little system server

He’s an idiot, he said that if Africans all had air conditioning the world would boil over.

People can blame the rich, blame us, blame Europe but it's all pointless unless you sort out the real problems; China, USA, India and the rest of Asia.

China aren't interested and unless you place sanctions or some form of green tax for buying products then we're never going to sort the real problem out.

Annual total CO₂ emissions, by world region - International travel most certainly isn't the problem and fixing that won't do much difference.
Strangely enough these are the areas more than most others that would be devastated by global warming and sea level rise. Our emissions are irrelevant in the big scheme of things and won't have a major effect on the UK in the short term. We should be looking at these countries to up their game before we start worrying about it.

Back