The rich are killing the planet

People can blame the rich, blame us, blame Europe but it's all pointless unless you sort out the real problems; China, USA, India and the rest of Asia.

China aren't interested and unless you place sanctions or some form of green tax for buying products then we're never going to sort the real problem out.

Annual total CO₂ emissions, by world region - International travel most certainly isn't the problem and fixing that won't do much difference.

Last edited:
between 100k usd assets and 1m usd assets is top 8.7% of the Worlds Wealth.

Would imagine includes the vast majority of this board
not so sure mind. most people over 100k would be including your house, which people like me dont actually own till the mortgage is paid off.

All of them are utter hypocrites. To be honest we all are but the little fella will do fuck all if someone is allowed to own a yacht. Al Gore can bleat on as much as he likes but until his carbon emissions are lower than mine, I’m better for the environment. At least Greta took a sail boat. A multi million one mind.

Inconvenient Truth.
And it’s the sheer hypocrisy that makes the ordinary bloke shrug his shoulders. You ll never get buy in by finger wagging and then doing the total opposite.
This is a global problem and needs a global solution.
The big players need to step up - consider the over packaging by Amazon , the black plastic ( make the grub look better) , the unnecessary business flights, heating in retail with doors wide open blah blah.

And it’s the sheer hypocrisy that makes the ordinary bloke shrug his shoulders. You ll never get buy in by finger wagging and then doing the total opposite.
100% this.

I do what I want and it is between me and my conscience. I will not lose any sleep over my decisions and there are simple things that everyone can do. The problem is they are very hard to do.

Should give everyone on the planet an annual carbon credit. Then if the Rich need to spend more they buy them from a carbon exchange that the poor people can sell in. Then money flows from rich countries to poor countries. Surely Elon Musk could sort out the technical aspects.
Said that for years, people always tell me it's unworkable. Prince Charles, another champion of the environment drives an Aston Martin and uses a private jet. First class just isn't good enough for the big eared twat.

Said that for years, people always tell me it's unworkable. Prince Charles, another champion of the environment drives an Aston Martin and uses a private jet. First class just isn't good enough for the big eared twat.
Would that be his Aston that runs on biofuel?

Last edited:

Back