The rich are killing the planet

Should give everyone on the planet an annual carbon credit. Then if the Rich need to spend more they buy them from a carbon exchange that the poor people can sell in. Then money flows from rich countries to poor countries. Surely Elon Musk could sort out the technical aspects.
Sounds like a decent idea, but it needs a bit more flesh on those bones. Would need massive global cooperation and a a fair bit of regulation to make it work though.

Climate change is not and never will be really taken seriously. We are a few hundred years away from according to most experts having an uninhabitable planet and it’s just lip service and good words.

Unless science comes up with an answer it’s almost inevitable we will bring about our own demise. Not because we are thick but because people are greedy

Sounds like a decent idea, but it needs a bit more flesh on those bones. Would need massive global cooperation and a a fair bit of regulation to make it work though.
Like track and trace app, it wouldn't work but the principle is sound. IMHO.

The only way we can stop the use of resources by the rich (including us) is to put obstacles in the way.

Stopping aviation would change the world and make travel longer, more expensive and we would do a lot less. Would our individual lives be worse? Yes because we couldn't have a lads weekend in Ibiza or Prague. Would anybody vote for that? Not a chance. Ban or ration meat would be a great way forward.

The problem is too complex for current political system to solve.
Climate change is not and never will be really taken seriously. We are a few hundred years away from according to most experts having an uninhabitable planet and it’s just lip service and good words.

Unless science comes up with an answer it’s almost inevitable we will bring about our own demise. Not because we are thick but because people are greedy
The disaster has already happened for most of the flora and fauna on the planet and we do not give a fuck.

Last edited:
Like track and trace app, it wouldn't work but the principle is sound. IMHO.

The only way we can stop the use of resources by the rich (including us) is to put obstacles in the way.

Stopping aviation would change the world and make travel longer, more expensive and we would do a lot less. Would our individual lives be worse? Yes because we couldn't have a lads weekend in Ibiza or Prague. Would anybody vote for that? Not a chance. Ban or ration meat would be a great way forward.

The problem is too complex for current political system to solve.

The disaster has already happened for most of the flora and fauna on the planet and we do not give a fuck.

Yep when the most strategic leaders on the planet are more focussed on where the markets will be in 10 years as opposed to where the planet will be in 200 we are fucked

Yep when the most strategic leaders on the planet are more focussed on where the markets will be in 10 years as opposed to where the planet will be in 200 we are fucked
I don't even think the climate debate is enough. Saying we are fucked in 10 years time is nonsense. As a planet that was around 200 years ago we have utterly laid waste to it and it is fucked now. All of us in the west.

Cannot blame an African subsistence farmer for the damage.

Luckily I'm getting older so I've had more than my fair share :lol:

maddest thing is they're more interested in fleeing the planet and living on Mars or summit than sorting it out :lol:
They're gonna leave us down here like the film Elysium.

same with obama , warns of catastrophic climate change but buys beachside mansion so obviously he doesnt really believe it , just pushing the globalist line like a good little system server

That's what pisses me off do much about the like of Bill Gates. Tells everyone to stop using planes so much, whilst at the same time hes investing billions into private jet companies.
I expected this to be bollocks, but seems to be true. Why is doing that??

I reckon we’re over populating, but this matrix like scenario where more people equals more need for more stuff and therefore “economic growth”. It can’t go on.

A new report says the world's wealthiest 1% produce double the combined carbon emissions of the poorest 50%, according to the UN.
The wealthiest 5% alone – the so-called “polluter elite” - contributed 37% of emissions growth between 1990 and 2015.

What can we do to stop this?

Finally people can see what we've known since the 80's ;)

problem is when anyone famous speaks, greta, ginger harry, nee-one takes any notice as all guilty of hypocrisy anyway ( big yachts, private jets etc ) .
just introduce draconian laws, ban suvs and give everyone flight quoatas .

Back