The reply function on here

See the circular arrow pointing left, at the top of the text editor? Click the three dots to the right of it. Then in the next menu that appears, click the square brackets.

I now await the message on the help pages saying "when were all of the smilies and text formatting options removed?".

Its a newer editor trying to make things a bit more WYSWYG but I agree it has its idiosyncrasies. Unfortunately I don't get to choose the editor, it comes built into the forum software It also has to work across all devices (phone/tablet/pc/tv etc) so can't really be perfect on them all.

Each time they change the editor some things seem to improve, but they always seem to introduce backwards steps as well.

I now await the message on the help pages saying "when were all of the smilies and text formatting options removed?".

Its a newer editor trying to make things a bit more WYSWYG but I agree it has its idiosyncrasies. Unfortunately I don't get to choose the editor, it comes built into the forum software It also has to work across all devices (phone/tablet/pc/tv etc) so can't really be perfect on them all.

Each time they change the editor some things seem to improve, but they always seem to introduce backwards steps as well.
I never notice the changes until someone points them out!

Back