The reply function on here

What’s happened to it?
Once upon a time you got a quote in brackets and you typed your bit after.
Now (on my phone at least) you get the quote in a stupid box and have to write underneath. But if you try to del anything and go too far back, your reply jumps inside of the quote box and you can’t get it out.
Sort it out @Roger
I have just replied to your post and got this result.

What’s happened to it?
Now (on my phone at least) you get the quote in a stupid box and have to write underneath. But if you try to del anything and go too far back, your reply jumps inside of the quote box and you can’t get it out.
Sort it out @Roger

See the circular arrow pointing left, at the top of the text editor? Click the three dots to the right of it. Then in the next menu that appears, click the square brackets.

What’s happened to it?
Sort it out @Roger

You could get out by hitting cancel and replying again which also is a way of deleting what you've typed...

depends, I refreshed here :: and the text was still there, maybe different on a phone.

Sorry wrong term - ctrl-z will do it. Takes you back one step at a time. (damned handy when you accidentally delete stuff in any form etc too)
The text is there but you can type under the quoted bit again which was the issue in the OP.

Back