THE REPAIR SHOP - BBC1 TONIGHT šŸ‘

• Thread starter Deleted member 2014
  • Start date
Wonder if the restoration would affect the value of it if it ever came to be sold, (I know it would be an emotional wrench to sell an heirloom but out of curiosity Iā€™d take it along to the Antiques Roadshow)
Well, it was still the original case and the work on it couldnā€™t be bettered anywhere so I think its value would be significantly raised. It was beautiful.

I remember when it first started about 3 years ago on afternoon telly. I thought it was good but wouldnā€™t make prime-time viewing. Itā€™s easy to watch, feel good telly.

How the hell is this prime time tv now?
Been watching it for a few years now, family moan and groan what Iā€™m watching , didnā€™t think others would buy into it numbers.
Steven that fixes the clocks is the top bloke and Kirsten who fixes the pottery has a certain appeal, oh and she fixes pottery ;)

How the hell is this prime time tv now?
Been watching it for a few years now, family moan and groan what Iā€™m watching , didnā€™t think others would buy into it numbers.
Steven that fixes the clocks is the top bloke and Kirsten who fixes the pottery has a certain appeal, oh and she fixes pottery ;)

It's a bit of a word of mouth thing. Nice, feel good TV. The way it's gone mainstream with lots of viewers reminds me of what happened with Bake Off.

Great tv.
Some of the stuff they take in are in such poor nick Iā€™d be embarrassed taking it to the tip.
How they repair such things is amazing.
Always wonder if they have to tell some that items are irreparable or even if they completely bugger some up themselves.

It's a bit of a word of mouth thing. Nice, feel good TV. The way it's gone mainstream with lots of viewers reminds me of what happened with Bake Off.
I sincerely hope that they don't try to over promote it or change it in any way though. They will have me to deal with if they do. It also makes me feel sad as I don't have a 'treasured possession' from a relative. My Mother was too keen on chucking stuff out!

They're all very talented and good to watch but the items worked on by Steve and Suzie Fletcher (bro and sis), Will Kirk and Brenton West tick all the right boxes fo me. Stunning stuff.

Back