The reasons I'm falling slightly out of love with football.....?

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date
So how much time do you personally give manager for recognised improvement? 3 days. 3 weeks. 3 months. 6 months. 1 year. 2 year?

I wouldn't have a time limit. It would be based on results, style of play, ability to organise, motivate, connect with the fans etc. Sometimes it's fairly obvious that things aren't working.

For me:

The way Sky (and in recent years BT) have pasteurised top flight football into becoming a corporate money making business. The ultimate aim as mentioned elsewhere here would be to have EVERY fan cough up for a subscription, to them the 50,000 in the ground would be better sat at home watching it for instance.

The way the PL has effectively become 2 mini leagues with the top 5 or 6 and the rest being miles behind.

General amount of players detached from the lives of normal fans/people and with massive egos and who are living plastic lifestyles.

The FA cup (thanks mainly to sky trying to shift emphasis on the PL) having it's status diminished hugely over the last decade or so....I can't remember a memorable final since the last one at Cardiff. Big teams don't give a toss about it as winning it isn't financially substantial, they only give a toss about the golden super dooper corporate premier league and the champions league. Also Wembley should only host the final.

Celebrity fans of the top teams saying "they've never had it so hard" supporting Man united or Arsenal over the last 5/10 years, give over ffs.

Lack of atmospheres within home crowds these days....majority are sat flicking between the game and their phone for most of the 90 mins.

Last edited:
Virtually no football played from 70 minutes onwards if opposition team are in front (or sometimes drawing) at the SOL. Ball hardly in play due to players feigning injury, keepers taking a minute for each goal kick, substitutions hobbling off etc.

Exactly, same with Ice Hockey and Rugby Union. It was also the same with nearly everyone I played football with. God knows what gets into the heads of those faking injury in the professional game, often with no possible benefit to the team. Someone gets a hand in the face or a minor knock and they are laying there playing dead while their team are defending an attack! What the fuck is that all about? Get up and play on and help your team you soft shite!

I love my ice hockey (sadly my team are worse then Newcastle) but the more I watch of it the more I fall out of love with football. I wonder what ice hockey players would make of footballers rolling round faking an injury
For me:

The way Sky (and in recent years BT) have pasteurised top flight football into becoming a corporate money making business. The ultimate aim as mentioned elsewhere here would be to have EVERY fan cough up for a subscription, to them the 50,000 in the ground would be better sat at home watching it for instance.

The way the PL has effectively become 2 mini leagues with the top 5 or 6 and the rest being miles behind.

General amount of players detached from the lives of normal fans/people and with massive egos and who are living plastic lifestyles.

The FA cup (thanks mainly to sky trying to shift emphasis on the PL) having it's status diminished hugely over the last decade or so....I can't remember a memorable final since the last one at Cardiff. Big teams don't give a toss about it as winning it isn't financially substantial, they only give a toss about the golden super dooper corporate premier league and the champions league. Also Wembley should only host the final.

Celebrity fans of the top teams saying "they've never had it so hard" supporting Man united or Arsenal over the last 5/10 years, give over ffs.

Lack of atmospheres within home crowds these days....majority are sat flicking between the game and their phone for most of the 90 mins.

Games like Brighton vs Watford being billed as “Super Sunday”

Last edited:
Just a couple more that was not stated above. I hate when media put former Liverpool or Man Utd when they played most of there career with us or another club. Our club is always put down in the media.

Funny, I always feel that we get more mentions in mainstream media than we deserve

I love my ice hockey (sadly my team are worse then Newcastle) but the more I watch of it the more I fall out of love with football. I wonder what ice hockey players would make of footballers rolling round faking an injury

I take it you support the Warriors? Thought they were doing ok this season?
I used to play hockey, played against the Warriors loads of times, love the old rink at Whitley, great atmosphere in there.

I take it you support the Warriors? Thought they were doing ok this season?
I used to play hockey, played against the Warriors loads of times, love the old rink at Whitley, great atmosphere in there.

Nah mate I follow the NHL. Watched the Warriors a few time’s many moons ago and it was always enjoyable.

Just a couple more that was not stated above. I hate when media put former Liverpool or Man Utd when they played most of there career with us or another club. Our club is always put down in the media.
This. Killed me the other day when underneath Poyet’s name it said ex Brighton manager despite managing them in league one but as they are now in the Prem the fact he actually managed us in the prem is irrelevant

Back