The "real" reason Reid should be sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
IanP said:
Boi said:
So under Ron Atkinson Man U was never worse than 4th. In comes Ferguson. 11th, 2nd, 11th, 13th. Ferguson should certainly have been sacked.

Poor logic there. The results under Ferguson bear no relation to the statistics presented in the initial post which were quite shocking.

A better statement may have been Ron Atkinson should NEVER have been sacked !

waht about Sexton !!!!!!!!

Impossible to argue with these facts, hence presumably the deafening silence from the Reid Inners. And bear in mind that these damming stats come for a team with the third biggest gates in the country, in a state of the art stadium and one of the most profitable clubs in the land, not a ramshackle organisation like Leicester.
When Gullit was in charge of the scum and was busy destroying them, ask yourself how many SAFC fans wanted him to keep his job. Just about all of us, he was so laughable. And now ask yourself how many mags want reid in. Every single one I know and I know a few. From the outside looking in they all know he's a joke and know that we will continue to falter under him. If there was a lost magpie poll on the topic here they would all vote for him to keep his job.
There is no excuse, Reid should be sacked now.

The comparison proves that Reid has achieved considerably more during his time at SAFC than Ferguson did during his first years at Man U. Especially if you compare where the two clubs where when they took over.

And it also proves that the Man U board showed a lot of patience. Much more than you are prepared to show.

Reid In. That's what these figures prove should happen. I can't believe you're all so blind.

Boi said:
The comparison proves that Reid has achieved considerably more during his time at SAFC than Ferguson did during his first years at Man U. Especially if you compare where the two clubs where when they took over.

The argument could have been put forward by Spurs supporters under Gerry Francis and Christian Gross; by Mags under Dalglsih and Gullit, by Everton fans under Royle, Kendall and Smith; by Villa supporters under Venglos, Little and Gregory; by Man City supporters under Reid (!!), Horton, Ball, Coppell, Neal, Clark and Royle; the list is very long. Just because Man U are the one side who have won things doesn't mean that sticking with your manager is the correct thing to do. Otherwise they would have stuck with Atkinson, or Sexton, or Docherty. They stuck with Fergie cos he was good, had won things and not just for the sake of it.

Reid looks a lot more like the managers I've listed above, than he does look like Fergie.

So you stick with a manager who has won things elsewhere? And if he is "good"? So a "good" manager can have bad results two years in a row and you should still stick with him?

Boi said:
So you stick with a manager who has won things elsewhere? And if he is "good"? So a "good" manager can have bad results two years in a row and you should still stick with him?

get yourself down the farm, find the donkey stable and pinch a load of straw cos you are clutching at them very badly at the moment.

Boi said:

Are you trying to suggest Ferguson isn't a good manager ? Or that you are likely to have the same success as ManUre if you stick by Reidy and therefore Reidy is as good as Ferguson ?

HahahahahahahahahahahaSorry, couldn't resist.

Boi said:

Fergie had a fantastic record at Aberdeen, and had actually won things, and knew about competing at the highest level. Yes, his board were prepared to wait, but his side was NEVER in danger of getting releagted, or of never scoring a goal again.

The only sides apart from Man U to stick with a manager for ages are West Ham and Ipswich. Maybe that is the level you aspire to ?

Reid has 151 points from 116 Premiership games since the last promotion, this would give an average of 49 points and 14th position, goals would be 43. This doesn't sound too bad, although not what you should be aiming for.

What is bad is a points trend of 58...57...35 and a goals trend of 57...46...29...0

Boi said:
And it also proves that the Man U board showed a lot of patience. Much more than you are prepared to show.

Perhaps Boro should have shown patience with Robbo, after all he got them to 9th in 98/99, 12th in 99/00 and two cup finals on less money than Reid.

All I am saying is that Ferguson would have been sacked long ago if the "Reid-out" group had been in charge at Man U. My point is simply that considering where SAFC was when Reid took over he has done a good job. Last season was very poor, but Murray probably feels that Reid's previous record has earned him a chance to turn things around.

Boi said:
All I am saying is that Ferguson would have been sacked long ago if the "Reid-out" group had been in charge at Man U. My point is simply that considering where SAFC was when Reid took over he has done a good job. Last season was very poor, but Murray probably feels that Reid's previous record has earned him a chance to turn things around.

not necessarily the case.
do you think that people simply want Reid out based on last seasons results?

I want Reid out because i have watched his football teams since the day he walked into this club and I reached the conclusion a while ago that mid table is the most he can achieve, and the judgement was based on a number of things such as the style of football, the various signings, limited ambition, lack of ability to attract players etc.

I havent simply decided that the results are bad so get him out, but Reid has provided the results to continually back up the opinions that I have put across about him.

IIRC correctly, the ManUre fans did want Fergie out and were very voiciferous about it.

As has been pointed out, Fergie had a better pedigree when he joined ManUre than reid had before he joined us, which is probably why Edwards et al gave him extra time. You'll also notice that ManUre didn't play boring, one dimensional football prior to him coming good.

However, all the ManUre fans i know (5), think Fergies bacon was only saved by him wining the FA Cup.

Peter reid is desperately trying to hang on to how a mediocre performing side facing the prospect of relegation from the top flight is better than what we've been used to since 'the war'. His record in the transfer market is appalling, Laslandes 3.6m and not even given a decent chance. Medina 3.5m to keep Julio company, Haas 1m crap, Nunez, etc, etc. The list goes on.

Why did it take a year for the club to realise that their needed to be changes in the coaching and approach to the playing side?? Surely these we pointed out by Thomas Helmer and Stefan Schwarz, two seasoned proffesionals with a history of playing for successful clubs/nations.

I'm araid times ran out for Reid and Murray, the performance on Saturday was an improvement on some of the dross last season but it's a case of too little too late in my mind.

The figures tell the tale, how can the players have confidence and belief in a manager with that record?? (Yes I know they're partially to blame but the new acquisitions have failed in the past year and a half and it's Reid who decides the tactics)

The man must go. NOW

Martian said:
The Reid inners are conspicuous by their absence on this one.

Hang on a minute, I'll speak on their behalf - Look where we were 7 years ago. :lol:

i won't speak for the reid in's, I was in that camp but I reckon in 4 days time I reckon my allengences will have moved over to your camp :(
mind after saturdays result Im nearly there already :cry:

I want Reid out because i have watched his football teams since the day he walked into this club and I reached the conclusion a while ago that mid table is the most he can achieve, and the judgement was based on a number of things such as the style of football, the various signings, limited ambition, lack of ability to attract players etc.

Did you feel the same way after 4-1 against Chelsea and Ipswich, 5-0 against Derby, 4-2 against Chelsea etc.? And if 7th is mid table then you really ask a lot.

Boi, you're picking isolated games to try to justify your views. In the light of the results over the last 20 months they just don't stack up.
Theres none so blind as them that won't see. :(

Nearly forgot - 7th is mid table. It certainly isn't near the top challenging for honours, which is where we deserve to be. Oh, I forgot, we've always been crap, so we should now be satisfied with 7th. Thats the most we deserve now in some peoples book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back