The "real" reason Reid should be sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoker

Striker
arguments about the quality of the football, confidence, ALS, the fans, money available aside:

Peter Reid's last 38 competetive games at Sunderland:
LDLDWLLDLWLWDLWWLDLLDLLWLLWLDLWLLLDDDL
8 wins, 10 draws, 20 defeats

Walter Smith's last 38 competetive games at Everton:
WLDWDWLDLLWDWLDDDWLWLLLLLWWDWDLLDDWDLL
10 wins, 12 draws, 16 defeats

Bryan Robson's last 38 competetive games at Middlesbrough (pre Venables):
LDLLLWDDWDWWLLDWDDWWDLDLDWDWWLLLLLLLDL
10 wins, 12 draws, 16 defeats

Ruud Gullit's last 38 competetive games at Newcastle:
DLWDDWLLWLDWWWDWLLDWWLLWDWLDDDLDLLLLDL
11 wins, 12 draws, 15 defeats

Source = soccerbase

Take any selection of results, 25, 10 etc and Reid still looks bad compared to at least one other person on that list.

Gullit and Robson arguably spent more than Reid, but Smith spent far less.

How much longer shall we give him anyone?
 

JOEJA

Midfield
EXACTLY

as I`ve already said managers should be judged on results first and foremost and as you`ve pointed out reids (38 is more than enough to be judged)is piss poor to say the least.
 

Teejay

Winger
3 wins

3 wins in 22 games? Would ANY other manager in the top flight have gotten away with that? People talk about him getting a second chance - I think he's had his second chance.
 
L

Legend of the Pie

Guest
be careful lads,you may get jumped on by the Reid in bandwagon. It must be getting hard for them to stick up for him now..............
 
F

Fez

Guest
I'd love to see our home form in the past 20 games.

Looking at those stats says everything, let's not forget our wins in their are against Bolton 1-0, Leicester 2-1 and some bugger else I can't remember!
 

Perryqhill

Striker
smoker said:
arguments about the quality of the football, confidence, ALS, the fans, money available aside:



Gullit and Robson arguably spent more than Reid, but Smith spent far less.

How much longer shall we give him anyone?
Actually in the time he was there Smith probably spent as much, as he paid a helluva lot out - Dacourt £4.5m, Watson £3m, Pistone £3.5m, Matterazzi £3m, Simonsen £2.2m, Bakayoko £4.5m, Alexandersson £2m, Gemmill, Pembridge £1m, Naysmith £2m, Radzinski £2.5m, Nyarko £4m, Linderoth £2m and many more i can't remember, though he did recoup a lot.
 

Stir

Midfield
Fez said:
I'd love to see our home form in the past 20 games.

Looking at those stats says everything, let's not forget our wins in their are against Bolton 1-0, Leicester 2-1 and some bugger else I can't remember!
Derby 1-0, so all the big teams
 

Stir

Midfield
Fez said:
I'd love to see our home form in the past 20 games.

Looking at those stats says everything, let's not forget our wins in their are against Bolton 1-0, Leicester 2-1 and some bugger else I can't remember!
incl the WBA cup match

Plyd 20
Won 6
Drawn 7
Lost 10
Points 25

Since Xmas
P 10
W 2
D 3
L 5
F 8
A 11
Pts 9

Scored two gainst mighty Leicester before that last time scored 2 at home was 18/11/01
 
F

Fez

Guest
So we beat 2 nationwide sides and Bolton! Basically in the past 40 games we've played WELL and WON at the same time, twice.

Blackburn A 3-0.
Leeds H 2-0.


But hey, look where we were when Reid took over.
 
F

Fez

Guest
SKY said on Saturday that we've scored ZERO or ONE goal in 33 of our last 40 games.

Only scored more than three times home goal once in the past 12 months.

Still, look where we were 7 years ago.
 

Stir

Midfield
Walter Smith's buys and sells from soccerbase

98/99 Buys 20.3m Sales 8.4m, net spend 11.9m
99/00 buys 11.3m sales 17.1m , net in 5.8m
00/01 buys 17.7m sales 19.7m, net in 2m
01/02 buys 8.9m sales 7.9m, net spend 1m

Overall buys = 58.2, sales = 53.1, net buys = 5.1m, over 4 years = under £1.3m per season spent.
 

DaveH

Striker
smoker said:
Peter Reid's last 38 competetive games at Sunderland:
LDLDWLLDLWLWDLWWLDLLDLLWLLWLDLWLLLDDDL
8 wins, 10 draws, 20 defeats

How much longer shall we give him anyone?
Thats 34 points, and to complete the picture goals for 27, goals against 51, goal difference -24.

Assuming the record continues this season, we can look forward to cheering 0.71 goals a game, conceeding 1.34 before certain relegation.

Oh joy
 

Perryqhill

Striker
Stir said:
Walter Smith's buys and sells from soccerbase

98/99 Buys 20.3m Sales 8.4m, net spend 11.9m
99/00 buys 11.3m sales 17.1m , net in 5.8m
00/01 buys 17.7m sales 19.7m, net in 2m
01/02 buys 8.9m sales 7.9m, net spend 1m

Overall buys = 58.2, sales = 53.1, net buys = 5.1m, over 4 years = under £1.3m per season spent.
Aye, but what that doesn't take into account, sold most the good players he'd bought like Dacourt and Matterazi and then sold all the clubs best young players like Ball and Jeffers that makes up a fair amount of the money received.
 
M

Martian

Guest
The Reid inners are conspicuous by their absence on this one.

Hang on a minute, I'll speak on their behalf - Look where we were 7 years ago. :lol:
 

Stir

Midfield
DaveH said:
smoker said:
Peter Reid's last 38 competetive games at Sunderland:
LDLDWLLDLWLWDLWWLDLLDLLWLLWLDLWLLLDDDL
8 wins, 10 draws, 20 defeats

How much longer shall we give him anyone?
Thats 34 points, and to complete the picture goals for 27, goals against 51, goal difference -24.

Assuming the record continues this season, we can look forward to cheering 0.71 goals a game, conceeding 1.34 before certain relegation.

Oh joy
in the last 23 games against sides currently in the Permiership Sunderland have one win, against Bolton at home. Similar progress in next 23 would mean one win by Xmas
 

Teejay

Winger
fwf

1 Win by Xmas - I'd take that at this precise moment.

But we'd beaten absolutely no Premiership sides the season Reid took over 7 years ago. Now that's progress.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top