The re-branding of caravans

Aye know it I think--on right hand side as You come down from Eamont Bridge to Ullswater. Queens at Tirril should be canny anarl with Jim and Margaret
Queens is brilliant for meals. In Pooley Brudge itself our favourite is The Sun Inn. Great food and superb beer garden. John and Jane who run the place are brilliant
The Crown could be brilliant as it is right on the river but bar service is absolutely shite. Regularly stand for more than 15mins or more waiting to be served .
We also enjoy doing a walk over the back and calling in at the Brackenrigg for a few 👍👍

Queens is brilliant for meals. In Pooley Brudge itself our favourite is The Sun Inn. Great food and superb beer garden. John and Jane who run the place are brilliant
The Crown could be brilliant as it is right on the river but bar service is absolutely shite. Regularly stand for more than 15mins or more waiting to be served .
We also enjoy doing a walk over the back and calling in at the Brackenrigg for a few 👍👍
Tell them Adam sent you for 10% off your starter.

It can't be a coincidence that my Dad has been barred from them all over the years.
I'm probably the product of a bitter landlord with a grudge and a Dad with no regard for authority.

Knew Jim and Margaret from Agricultural in Penrith Years ago and used them while they were at Mill Inn Mungrisedale as well--food has always been excellent by them. Used to go in Sun over 30 Years ago when they had live music on--usually the Bottle tops from NE.
Used to have static with In laws but had seasonal tourer other side of Keswick for 12 years or so. Thinking about static again for grandkids but need a pub nearby (or on site) and decent walking without using car or on bus route.

edit know brackenrigg as well as had a season on Ullswater. Looked at Quiet site as said before but pricey--Cove similar fees to yours but not sure if you can use quiet site bar when on there

Last edited:
How many have been burnt by the site demanding you replace the caravan every few years by having to buy a new one which you can only do from the owner of the site?

Our family looked at going in together but this put us off.

They are run like the mafia have organised it, my FiL had one, decided to sell and move to the coast as they loved it so much, they paid 42k for it, 2 years later they were offered 17k by the site. They asked about selling it privately and were told they would have to pay 15% of the price they got to the site, also the site had to handle the viewings, of course they never had any as the site were selling their own first. Ended up taking the 17k in the end.
They have it sown up so tight you can’t move, this was in Brid, the fees were 4k per year for 12 months so not cheap either. they had a 10 year replacement policy, if your van was deemed to be in in good condition it could be-extended to 15, then reviewed annually after that. If you refused you were moved to a cheaper run down site they had further down the coast. Would love one but wouldn’t touch it with a bargepole.

Bloke I worked with used to say ‘I’m taking the van down easingwold’

I read a newspaper article not long ago saying after his marriage dissolved he slept with a lass 14 and was caught and jailed. Not saying ’the van’ was to blame but if he’d took his lass to Bali instead she might not have left him

Mmm not so sure. Might have kept his lass for a while longer but Bali's full of DNASH so might have still got jailed.

They are run like the mafia have organised it, my FiL had one, decided to sell and move to the coast as they loved it so much, they paid 42k for it, 2 years later they were offered 17k by the site. They asked about selling it privately and were told they would have to pay 15% of the price they got to the site, also the site had to handle the viewings, of course they never had any as the site were selling their own first. Ended up taking the 17k in the end.
They have it sown up so tight you can’t move, this was in Brid, the fees were 4k per year for 12 months so not cheap either. they had a 10 year replacement policy, if your van was deemed to be in in good condition it could be-extended to 15, then reviewed annually after that. If you refused you were moved to a cheaper run down site they had further down the coast. Would love one but wouldn’t touch it with a bargepole.

Aye that’s what I’d read when looking into it. Seemed very expensive unless you use it a lot.

Worked with a lad who used his almost every weekend, but if you’re only using it 2-4 weeks a year might as well just hire one and choose where you want to go.

Mmm not so sure. Might have kept his lass for a while longer but Bali's full of DNASH so might have still got jailed.
Used to go on the Billingham supports coach. some facts about him

Told me he didn’t like music
used to take sandwiches to the match in tin foil and have them on the table in the deaf club
used to get a bag of crisps and open the bag out leaving them splayed on the table to share
used to have ham and tomato sandwiches. Take out the tomato, stick out his tongue, put the slice of tomato on his tongue and suck the tomato.

i should have known.

Just seen a fellow SMBer refer to his caravan as a holiday home on another thread.

I’ve stayed with Eurocamp a couple of times and they are “chalets”.

We all know what they are, you’re not fooling anyone. Are people that ashamed of living like a pikey for 2 weeks of the year?
52 weeks down here... Play up...

Just FYI, tourers generally hold their value really well. They don't even depreciate as fast as cars. No engine see.
Aye and static prices go down dramatically. And it costs a fortune if you want to move it to another site. Site we're on takes I think 15 or 20% of any sale too. Absolute con and why I won't go near a static.

Back